Equestrian Historical Society 826 members · 636 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Guys, I want to ask a question, is ther a group for ponies beyond equestria, as in nations and culture that are not in equestria or the crystal empire, it could be another country or a lost ancient city of the same ponies as in equestria or even a part of equestria that got independence,

There was if we consider the HWE story representing real pre-equestrian nations. How the hell then there were also chinese, egyptian and especially kajun ponies at the time of Starswirl? Same for aztec ponies.

We did see quite a few quote-unquote "civilizations" in G4 that from an outsider's perspective were probably there for filler, gags, etc. Inside the Greater Equestrian lore however, that is a very good question. I can think of a couple of stories I've read that suggest that mainland Equestria is merely a small part of a much larger world. Despite the ponies propensity for seeing themselves as the be-all end-all (kinda like us now that I think on it) I've read stories about lost civilizations, Ancient Gryphon empires, a world where ponies consider why they have rounded doorknobs in a society that can't actually use them, and much more besides.

In canon? Not that I know of besides a few oddballs from the comics and the Crystal Empire.

In headcanon, yes

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4