The OC Fanfiction Library 1,405 members · 1,810 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I'm going to be publishing a series of Holiday-themed short comedy stories between now and January 6th, the Epiphany, also known as Three Kings' Day. I decicded that in order to make a couple of my ideas work, I'd actually have to create male OCs for the Mane Six since frankly, developing a lot of the MLP males to suit them would likely take said characters away from their roots, and reviewers are getting tired of the same old characters again and again, so I thought of making new male OCs for the Mane Six that aren't shite Mary Sues.

I've already been doing this for a character I created to solve the "how does Scootaloo get to live with RD when the creators have always been insinuating that she had parents from the start, and this has only been confirmed now that we know she has at least one working parent and lives with her likely lesbian aunts because said parent/s work/s too much to really be around?" conundrum.

The idea I came up with was that Scootaloo has a single father, which easily explains why she has to live with her aunts; fathers are traditionally breadwinners, even in Equestria it seems (it's been duly observed by many keen eyes that contrary to the stereotypes, even in earlier seasons, there are lots of stallions on the show, but they seem to work full-time jobs and therefore are in the background ploughing), and without a mother of any kind to look after her, Scootaloo lives with her aunts. Funny thing is, I've been working on this concept before it was even officially announced, because I figured Scootaloo was not an orphan and would be in a family situation like this just by judging from the tweets of the people in the business, such as Lauren Faust herself.

Now there is far more to my character than just this, but to go into the details would be a huge waste of time for everybody, which is a good sign, because it means he's got a fleshed-out backstory and personality, so detailed it would be a long series of huge walls of text.

So what I ask of you is this:

1. Make male OCs to fit the Mane Six in relationships, and I'll include them in comedic short stories. Multiple entries are acceptable, and I'll just choose the best ones from anybody I can find. Remember, Rainbow Dash is taken, so we have the remaining five to work with.

2. Be sure to describe their races, appearances, and backstories! People will wonder what they look like, and backstory is often the most important part of character construction!

3. Make sure that these OCs are designed to fit the Mane Six, and don't fit the Mane Six around them. Adjust them to fit their personalities and needs, first and foremost. You can also take things like their jobs into account, and things like "oldest children often go well with youngest children" into account, and you can also take things like "the personality types are upholders, obligers, questioners, and rebels" into account as well.

4. Make them have positive qualities and skills: Asking for flaws and limitations goes without saying these days, but some authors work so hard to give their characters flaws and limitations that they forget to give their characters redeeming qualities and useful skills, but said characters still win the day anyway in spite of being total assholes and totally useless. You character will most likely need to have imperfections for comedy, obviously, perfect characters are rarely funny unless they have imperfect characters to work with, but I'm tired of characters who literally have nothing likeable about them and literally no useful skills.

5. If possible, send me humorous Holiday-themed story treatments for me to make into reality. You can co-write if you want, or you can do most of the writing and I can co-write! Be sure to do it on G-docs!

6. If possible, use these OCs to create bridges and answer questions about Equestria, and expand upon it a little. Delger exists to further bridge Rainbow and Scootaloo, and the fact that he's a Khiimori with a job that Equestria must have but is rarely discussed helps do this.

The only deadline is before Monday. PM me the details, or post the details here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1