Ponies of War 1,398 members · 931 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hello there, I'm new :pinkiehappy:

(Spoilers for FO:E shall follow but they won't be too major)

So, I've read a decent number of Fallout: Equestria side fics and noticed that none of them (that I've seen) show anything much about the actual fighting in The Great Zebra-Equine War that lead the Wasteland. I was reading a very nice war fic by NCMares called Night Mares and decided to make an FO:E side fic about a soldier in The War. A la the "War is Hell" style out look that I really do love.

My main character is a Fillydelphian mare originally named Nyx but was later christened Nightmare Shadow by the zebras and who goes by Shadow in the Wasteland that my story is primarily set in. She enlisted with the Royal Guard before being transferred to the Sky Guard were, among other things, she served in Rainbow Dash's Shadowbolts (SEAL Team 6 with flying horses). Shadow was originally trained how to care for her plate armor and fight with wingblades or a short sword.

By the end of the war (a period of less then 20 years) Shadow was a highly accomplished sniper who wielded a rifle that was enchanted so its bullets would ignore armor, earth, and concrete (to a limit) while making no sound as they traveled. The was fighting done by as many robots as zebras or equines all of whom were commonly armed with magical energy weapons. She herself became an extensively augmented cyberpony with replaced legs, wings, tail, lungs, heart, liver, eye, and digestive track after being injured in a bomb blast. She was put into cryogenic stasis which lead to her being woken up 200 years later in wasteland Equestria.

1.) Can I put FO:E stories on here? I think I can.

2.) What folder should I use for my story (it starts with sword and shield and ends up in futuristic, advanced weaponry with a dabbling in arcane combats)?

3.) Any thoughts on trying to cover 200+ years of technological and strategic development in such a short time? I've got some good ideas but I was just looking for some opinions.

Yes, I know Fallout and its pony based crossover make much sense from a realistic stand point.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1