AI Generated Content 25 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I asked Claude.ai for a list of underrated sci-fi/fantasy books. Haven't checked all 10, so I'm not sure if they all really exist, but I haven't read any of these...

Can you recommend ten sci-fi/fantasy books that are good, but not popular, well-known, or award-winning?

Here are 10 sci-fi/fantasy book recommendations that I think are good but not necessarily popular, famous or award-winning:

1. Semiosis by Sue Burke - First contact story with sentient plants on an alien planet. Thought-provoking and philosophical.
  2. TheCalculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal - Alternate history where a meteorite hits Earth in the 1950s, spurring the space race.
  3. Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky - Last humans search for a new home and encounter intelligent spiders. Creative world-building.
  4. Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty - A clone wakes up to find her past selves murdered. Sci-fi murder mystery.
  5. The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas - Time travel explored through the lens of psychology and family drama.
  6. The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch - A time traveling Naval investigator tries to solve a murder. Dense and complex.
  7. The Book of M by Peng Shepherd - Post-apocalyptic tale where people's shadows disappear. Imaginative premise.
  8. The Book of Joan by Lidia Yuknavitch - Far future dystopia with ecological themes. Stylish and poetic.
  9. The Lives of Tao by Wesley Chu - An out-of-shape IT guy becomes host to an alien named Tao. Fun action-comedy.
  10. Space Opera by Catherynne M. Valente - Intergalactic Eurovision song contest with wild aliens. Witty and irreverent.

Let me know if you want any other sci-fi/fantasy recommendations! I tried to pick books with creative concepts that aren't necessarily award winners or bestsellers.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1