Radio Stations Group 36 members · 23 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Robipony
Group Admin

Hello everyone, as some of you may recall I had mentioned the idea of a story involving a character working as a radio station DJ in my last Question of the Week. Well, my brain has been writhing with ideas for this and I thought that I would let them out and see what you all think.

So, I'm thinking it will take place in Gen 5 in the town of Maretime Bay. The story itself will be a comedic, slice of life with a few fun spooks thrown in. 🦇:pinkiegasp:🦇

The main character is an earth pony stallion who works as the evening DJ for the Radio Station 91.39 - The CHILL. I'm not too sure how I want him to look just yet, but I do know a few details. Due to a bizarre birthmark on his face and the fact that he unknowingly scowls when he is thinking/concentrating, most ponies tend to stay away from him. Then the fact that he is rarely seen outside during the day (and most of them don't know that he works at the station) also doesn't help. Despite his unsettling appearance/mannerisms, he is actually very charming/charismatic on the radio, though nopony realizes it is him because he uses a radio persona.

Perhaps there is a mare among the locales that does like him, but he has been oblivious to her hints thus far.

The radio station is also a little bizarre, first the main facility is actually underground (a defense measure back when earth ponies were still afraid of Pegasi invading), there is also a door in the area that is locked with a food tray slot, which the MC pushes food through at the beginning of each shift and takes away an empty try at the end of his shift (is that... slime residue). :rainbowhuh:

He has a co-host who is a mare who is actually a vampony. I'm not sure if I want to create an oc or maybe use Flutterbat for this role. Admittedly, there is a part that kind of likes the idea that she looks like the mare with a brown coat and white(ish) mane/tail in this image (though with a different cutie mark and eye color, I'm thinking that her eyes will be magenta with a hint of red at the center of the iris, which gradually spreads outwards when she get's... thirsty:derpytongue2:):

-Image can be found: here.

In addition to the mysteries surrounding the station, our protagonist has to talk to callers on the show about the strange occurrences around Equestria (yes, there will be cryptids). There might be songs that reference the darker/spookier aspects of the fandom, like: Stay Outta That Shed, by the Shy Butchers.

There's also the idea that maybe one of the radio cassette tapes has a demon inside it (could be Discord, could be something else, not sure yet).

---

So, that's what I have so far for the story idea involving a radio DJ. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what you all think. Any feedback you have to offer will be awesome. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1