Advisors' Cove 59 members · 60 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Stinium_Ruide
Group Admin

As the ship docks by the jetty, you trot out to the wooden deck, revealing a small settlement by the bay. You spot tropical palm trees waving by the small houses dotting the surrounding beach. The rope is tightened, and the gangplank is lowered. You gingerly step onto this inquisitive land, admiring the rising sun. 

But you are not alone. A turquoise-coated pegasus stands by the jetty. His sapphire mane flutters with the sea breeze. He turns to face you. “Welcome to the Advisors’ Cove!” 

Many questions race through your mind. Perhaps it is prudent to ask…

What is the Advisors’ Cove? 

We are a passionate group of reviewers and consultants that decided to collaborate to build a new reviewing group. While reviewers are the beings writing reviews, consultants assist reviewers by checking through their reviews. 

We hope to live up to the Elements of Reviewing: Respect, Integrity, Rigour, Clarity and Commitment. Our reviews must be respectful to the author and must not be phrased disparagingly. We must uphold integrity in being objective to the story and its contents. Although our reviews can be short, they must have sufficient rigour and be able to communicate with clarity to help the author improve. Lastly, we must have the commitment to contribute reviews, once a month, to benefit the writing community. 

What are the rules of the Advisors’ Cove?

• Adhere to FIMFiction rules.
  • Do not create new forum posts as they are for reviews only. 
  • Be respectful in forum posts. 

Please do not break the rules. While we do not wish to escalate matters, we could provide warnings, potentially delete posts without warning, or ban the miscreant responsible. 

Who are the Reviewers of the Cove? 

Stinium Ruide

Petrichord

iAmSiNnEr

TerribleSpeller

Celestilune

Who are the Consultants of the Cove?

Seriff Pilcrow 

Firefoxino

Error: No image found. Omnipresence detected.

How can I interact with the Reviewers and Consultants of the Cove? 

We have a Discord server!

How can I submit my stories for review? What are the rules for that? 

General Rules: 

• Please do not add the same story in more than one folder. 
  • Please do not add a story that is not yours for review. 
  • Foalcon and noncon stories are strictly forbidden for submission to the Advisors’ Cove. 

Step 1: Choose which reviewer you would like and add your story to their request folder. You can check their reviewing guidelines here. Please follow their guidelines when submitting to them. 

Step 2: If you do not have a preference, you can add your story to the general folder. 

Can I resubmit my stories for a second review from another reviewer? 

Yes, but you must wait for your story to receive its first review. In any case, you can still only submit the same story to one reviewer at a time. 

Is there a limit to the number of stories I can submit? 

For simplicity, you must not request more than three stories for review at any one time. This means that you can only have at most three stories shelved for review requests. 

Why is my story removed from the reviewer's request folder?

It is likely that the reviewer does not think that it is suitable for them to review said story. They should have messaged you about that, and transfered the story to the general folder. If not, inform Stinium Ruide through FIMFiction or Discord.

How can I apply to be a Reviewer of the Cove? 

We are hoping to find new passionate reviewers who are willing to help the writing community! Please message Stinium Ruide privately either on FIMFiction or Discord for further details.

How can I apply to be a Consultant of the Cove? 

As consultants are key in helping reviewers, they should have some reviewing experience prior. Also, there should not be more consultants than reviewers in the Advisors’ Cove. If you are interested, please message Stinium Ruide privately either on FIMFiction or Discord for further details. 

Why is my question not found here?

Unfortunately, reviewers and consultants are not perfect. Why not drop them a message on FIMFiction or Discord? 

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1