Of Starships and Golden Armors 11 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Devona
Group Admin

The Pacification of Kroban was a military action undertaken by the Republic of Sol Armed Forces during a period of cold war against the Sarlaan Ingenious Monarchy known as the Second Frictions. A full-scale invasion of a pre-FTL primitive planet, the operation was launched in response to worrying reports suggesting covert Sarlaan involvement with the various governments of the world which itself lied deep within Republican space. Lasting a little over eight hours, the Pacification remains one of the briefest planetary takeovers to date.

The invasion, codenamed Operation: Webbreaker by Republican military High Command, was greenlit following the August Incident involving a capture and loss of contact with human counterintelligence operatives on Kroban. Deeming the planet too strategically important and now possibly alerted to the Republic's presence, a direct military intervention was authorised, and in the following month a special task force, codenamed Paraquet, would be assembled under the leadership of Admiral Marshall Jameson Xian. Comprised of two phases, space and ground based respectively, Webbreaker would be formally launched in December of the same year.

Deciding to base the operation on the element of surprise, Republican warships emerged in the system close to Kroban's orbit, immediately making their presence known and boarding the largest primitive station the nation-states on Kroban had maintained. Immediately afterwards, human vessels positioned themselves over crucial military installations on the surface and began a bombing campaign meant to pacify any possible resistance early and disable most of the natives' nuclear response devices.

Deciding to initiate phase two early, shortly afterwards Admiral Marshall Xian dispatched teams of Commando Corps along with mechanised infantry to secure strategic points as well as major population centers all over the surface in a swift lightning attack meant to cripple the governments of all the planetary countries. With those orders complete, occupational forces were to make pushes so as to establish safe supply routes between each other as well as secure reinforcement deployment sites with the support of space-based drones. Following that, a general offensive was launched to occupy the remaining swathes of agrarian land between the various cities and towns.

The last hour of the invasion involved the Commando Corps penetrating and securing any remaining government safehouses and capturing those significant officials who may have evaded capture in order to finally shatter all remaining semblance of authority the old order may have held on the planet.

In the aftermath of Operation: Webbreaker's completion, an extensive search for covert facilities maintained by the Saarlan Ingenious Monarchy on Kroban was conducted, however in the end none were found either on the surface or in close orbit. Nowadays, the premature aggression is widely condemned by forces across the entire galaxy, including the Republic of Sol itself.

Love to see an update on the lore. Hope your doing well.

Devona
Group Admin

I'm doing alright, I think. The workload I have is smaller than I expected it to be so far, which is good. I felt an urge to write something and that's how this piece came to be, and although I think it's mostly a one-time thing for now, well, I hadn't written anything substantial in months prior to this, so who knows? It might just be the first step to proper recovery. :twilightblush:

Glad to hear. I agree that this is helping and the workload is not bad. I wish it will keep going good for you and we will see you post again soon. :yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4