Of Starships and Golden Armors 11 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Devona
Group Admin

I'm posting this here instead of in my blogs, because I feel like this is a message primarily to the readers of OSaGA. It may be a bit sad, but at this point there's sadly nothing I can do to change it.

I'm hereby officially declaring, that no new content shall come from me for the duration of one year starting from today, unless another notice comes. It's hard to officially declare something like this, it really is; those who have never written anything here, please believe me. I love to write, but I have so many difficulties doing so now... I'm being diagnosed for ADD, and unless I get proper medications dedicating myself to anything even remotely as grand as a sequel to OSaGA would be... simply impossible to do. I wouldn't finish it, and I don't want to leave things like that hanging. Maybe if my stories got really any reader engagement it would be easier, but I think it'd still be a task so monumental it'd transcend my abilities. Furthermore, in a bit over a months from now I'm going to college, and I'll have to focus most of my time on that... which might consume all the focus I'll get even from my new medications.

The only things I can promise I will keep working on are:

• Editing over Chapter I of the story.
  • Further edits to the Prologue.
  • The Ancient history timeline here on the lore group.

Everything else is, for now, officially on hiatus. I'm sorry, but there's really, truly nothing else I can do now, I don't want to keep you hoping for the time where nothing will surely come.

I hope and wish you luck getting your medical needs done. We can wait for you to do anything. Just drop a blog post every now and again. We are here for you.

Devona
Group Admin

Thanks... almost all the reader engagement I've gotten recently has been on your part, and I can't thank you enough for that. And of course, I will drop a blog or two every once in a while, I don't intend on leaving this site. I'm just going to use it more as a social media than as a creator, I guess...

It's really not an easy decision, really. Being a creator, even a relatively small one, is important to me in that it feels... special. It feels like I'm accomplishing something, and putting an end to OSaGA was just incredible! Closing those few arcs that I gave somewhat of a semi-conclusion to and writing the Epilogue. But I simply fear that any sequel started now will go unfinished, and that's something I would really, really like to avoid.

As I texted, take your time, and get better with your health. Once you are ready then try and do more. This is a fact that most simply forget about. This is the time of the year that schools open up and a lot of writers have to put their stories on hold. We as a fandom under stand. I for one am glad to hear your taking time to make sure you are well and able to do more. Not many have time to post at this time of year so I am glad I can do a little to help everyone who writes on here knows we still care.

Devona
Group Admin

Thanks, and sorry for repeating myself a bit, hah. Hey, actually... do you mind if we move to PMs for a while? I kinda feel a need to discuss/vent about something I don't entirely want to make public...

Ok with me. PM me when you feel like it. I will reply once I can.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6