Of Starships and Golden Armors 11 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Devona
Group Admin

This post will be slightly different than most here... I feel like talking a bit about my world, from my own perspective rather than from an in-universe one. Specifically, this time at least, like talking about the Andromeda Galaxy.

By the year 6200, there have been no attempts undertaken by the powers of the Milky Way to reach Andromeda or any other galaxy in our close vicinity. While inter-dimensional travel is possible thanks to the Luger Law, which states that bending space between two points of sufficiently similar characteristics negates humongous energy costs that would normally arise when trying to bend space between two very distant points, the same cannot be said about extragalactic travel. As such, any journey at present technological level of the Milky Way civilisations would have to consist of a series of smaller jumps, and would still require monumental amounts of energy. The few propositions and plans for such an expedition died a slow, painful death with the beginning of the cataclysmic Swarm War in 5898.

What about Andromeda itself, though? We know the main powers and technologies employed by the empires of the Milky Way, but what about our local neighbor?

Well, although noone in the Milky Way knows it, Andromeda is ruled by a... peculiar government. Unlike the fragmented Milky Way, it is completely united under one country; it has been for millions of years. This completely stagnant empire, which calls itself the Saggijran Empire (from the native name of the Andromeda Galaxy - "Saggijrania") consists solely and only of clones of one singular person. This individual, known only as Kovak - "the odd" in the native tongue - serves as the ruler of Andromeda and every century uploads their consciousness into another cloned body. Millions of years ago Kovak and his private armies embarked on a devastating series of crusades against all other lifeforms of his galaxy, but those conflicts and their reasons are now long forgotten, letting Kovak live in solitude as the lonelines person in the world.

-Lily

I say he got what was coming to him. Attacking everything only leads to loneliness.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2