The Art gallery group 36 members · 47 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Artist
Group Admin

Hey everyone, what are the best art programs for the iPad?

I wanna learn to draw my own ponies since nobody can help me draw cover art, because what I want is too elaborate.

It kind of makes me upset that nobody will help me, but oh well, so I’ve decided to do it myself.

The art programs i currently use are; artrage and procreate, in both of those programs, you can upload an image, and then trace it, honestly, it is pretty cool, but the problem I have is that I cannot get the image that I have traced to look like the actual image from the Internet.

Artist
Group Admin

Please help, boosting

I personally use Adobe Fresco. It does require signing into, but I think it's free to use. Of all the art programs I've tried, I've settled on adobe fresco for reasons I don't quite understand; it just feels most comfortable to use and has enough features. It can even do basic animation.
I've heard ibis paint x is good, and it probably has the most features for a free app, but I never got used to the feel of it and it has adverts.
In terms of vector-based art, there's Linearity Curve and Amadine. Amadine is probably the better of the 2 vector programs because it supports tapering and width manipulation, but I'm more used to Curve's interface as I've used it longer. Both are free to use, and Linearity Curve has a sibling app for vector animation that share the same files.

Artist
Group Admin

I actually have an app called Procreate.

I've got that one too, but haven't gotten used to it yet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5