Hall of Contests [SFW] 173 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Secret Moon
Group Admin

Posted on behalf of FanOfMostEverything
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/995814/ancestral-tribute-contest

Ancestral Tribute

As the saying goes, everyone is someone’s child. Unfortunately, sometimes that means the parents don’t get much time in the spotlight. The latest contest from FanOfMostEverything (that’s me!) aims to correct that.

The prompt is fairly straightforward: Write a story starring one or more parents without their children. Now, this isn’t license to just write Pinkie because Li’l Cheese exists. “Parents” is here defined as those whose primary narrative role in pony canon was raising one or more other characters. (Note that biological parenthood is not required. If you have a Lofty and Holiday idea that missed the deadline for Bicyclette’s contest a few months ago, now’s your second chance for glory. Though the judging will be all the harsher given the longer prep time.)

For more in-depth discussion of the finer points of who qualifies for the prompt, along with the FAQ and greater details in general, please see and direct all questions to the announcement blog. For now, here’s the nitty-gritty:

Word limit: 18,000 or fewer.
Rating limit: Everyone or Teen
Submissions open: As you’re reading this! Be sure to add it to the contest group!
Submission deadline: 11:59 PM Eastern Time, October 16th (plus six or seven hours; I’ll be closing submissions first thing in the morning come the 17th.)
Results announced: TBD; I definitely can’t say before we know how many submissions come in.

Prize support:
1st: $100
2nd: $75
3rd: $50
Honorable Mentions: $20, one for each of the five judges.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1