Equinox 83 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Recon777
Group Admin

The name of the final chapter of Flurry in Time isn't just about the characters. It's about the authors!

As one chapter closes in our project, a new one opens.

For everyone who is new, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all of you. I truly hope you have enjoyed what has been the fruit of many years of our lives. A story which we hope will feel utterly immersive and real.

We've learned a lot over the course of making this story. And we've grown to really love our main characters and how they interact with one another. Flurry is an absolute joy to write, and both Duvet and I pretty much write her identically -- that's how in sync we've been in terms of understanding these characters.

But now what? The story is complete. What will we be doing next?

First, probably a short break to enjoy a well-deserved rest. The main thing that will happen is we will be openly and visibly developing the saga. While we were working on Flurry in Time, there was not a lot of expanded development on the Equinox saga. We also did not openly discuss FIT to protect the readers from spoilers. But that all goes away now and you'll be able to follow along as new content and ideas are developed in plain sight.

For those of you who want a closer view of the action, we invite you to join the Equinox Discord Server. If you do join, say hi in the Welcome channel so I can give you access rights. This is where we do most of our discussion and work. We will be posting here as well, of course, but that will likely be more lengthy and organized posts on what we're up to rather than discussion amongst the team.

The first order of business will be to work on the timeline. There are significant gaps currently in our timeline, and we've been maintaining our understanding of events with duct tape and spirited discussion, jotting down notes here and there over time. What we must do now is go over the gaps and fill in the important story events where they happen.

As for story ideas, we will need to come up with some good short stories to flesh out the early years of the saga. The first story will deal with Luna's return as the Nightmare. This will tell a very different story than you will expect. After this comes introduction to a whole host of brand new characters in a brand new setting. It will be a lot of fun!

So again, welcome to our new members as well as hello again to our old ones. Things are finally going to get moving now, and this forum will be an important link between Equinox and the MLP fan base we picked up because of Flurry in Time.

Have a great new year, everyone!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1