Equinox 83 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Hello!

This'll be a little thread to answer any questions you might have about our universe. We'll try and answer any questions you have (though we have to be careful not to spoil any future work).

So feel free to ask!:twilightsmile:

The obvious question first: How did they get to this point? And how much more do they have to go through?

Are Cadence and Shining Armor still alive during the time frame of Flurry in Time?

Cadence is still alive, but Shining Armour has passed away. Though due to a little event he died 250 years after he probably should have.

Hehe it depends if you want the long or the short version :twilightsheepish:

Long is preferable because I like knowledge. And I am the kind of person to watch an approximately 2 hour 45 minutes long three video series on the Battle of Jutland multiple times.

I'll probably answer this in segments, covering the history of each faction in detail. It'll take a bit of time (with FiT still ongoing) but should give you a more comprehensive view of the history.

Recon777
Group Admin

The long version is really long.
Though you can start with a comment I made in FiT a few months ago to get your feet wet.

Recon777
Group Admin

So, the longevity of characters is fairly straightforward. Normal ponies are mortal, and though we give them about the same lifespan as humans (or a bit longer) we also give them the fortitude of horses. In real life, horses live to thirtysomething. But what's notable is that they don't have a lengthy declining period like humans do where they are elderly and feeble. Nature simply never afforded such a thing because infirmity is death in wild equine herds. When our ponies grow old, they are still quite capable, nearly right up to their last days. MLP's elderly ponies do not exist here.

And then there are the alicorns. These are immortals in the sense that they do not age physically beyond their prime. They can still be injured and killed, though they are far stronger than mortal ponies as Flurry in Time has demonstrated. There is no natural reason for an alicorn to die, and so they continue living for as long as they don't get themselves in too much trouble. FiT takes place seventeen centuries beyond the time when Nyx and Flurry were children, so her alicorn mother would still be alive, but her unicorn father would not.

Cadence and Shining Armor

I almost forgot to address this... Since the Equinox saga is not MLP but rather, inspired by MLP (among other things), there is no Cadence and Shining Armor. We'll get into characters soon, but this is just to let you know that we have an entirely new cast of characters, many of which are a loose analog to certain MLP characters.

To give an example, Flurry's parents are Dawn and Sunstrike. Dawn is similar to Cadence, though she is the twin sister of Dusk, our Twilight analog. Sunstrike is the son of the alicorn Helios and the unicorn Juniper. Pretty quick, you'll find the similarities with MLP end, as I hinted at in the welcome post. :twilightsmile:

Okay, this seems like a very interesting history that has happened. what I read also kind explains Flurry’s attitude and ideals, she wasn’t on Equis for a long time so she likely learned to get close to ponies instead of staying distant in order to avoid depression. It also means that she gets very emotional.
And with the wars and tribal divisions force the existence of standing armies and fleets, wet and space, to defend themselves from other groups. A very very interesting history so far from what I’ve seen and read.

Recon777
Group Admin

Yes, Flurry has always been a colonial advocate. She's been with them since literally day one among the stars. So seeing the divisions spring up firsthand has been stressful and she's always tried to avoid taking sides between the tribes. She's fought on both sides of the war whenever she thought what the other side was doing was entirely wrong. Unfortunately, this also makes the authorities on all sides consider her as an enemy.

Pirating probably also contributes to that... :trollestia:

Flurry is a good pirate all things considered, she might make a good privateer.

To continue our Q&A thread for new members. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask them here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13