Bean's Writing Group 152 members · 132 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Thesmokinguy
Group Admin

[EDITED] Added some other questions

Can you tell me if my idea for the prompt fits the topic/bonus?

Nope.

Being one of the judges, I cannot give input about any story related to the contest. I can only give more details concerning the rules.

But this topic/bonus is so confusing! how am I supposed to use it?

Prompts are just prompts, kernels of an idea. Bonuses can be interpreted loosely or literally, or anywhere in between. There isn't really anything disallowed by them. If you get a good idea for a story that is inspired by the prompt and obeys the posted rules, it will count.

The contest is about creativity, after all. We are not going to reject anything that follows the rules and has had thought put into it.

What if I can't think of anything for the prompt?

Take a break. Walk around a bit. Watch some My Little Pony. Discuss with your friends. Shoot some hoops. Open fortune cookies. Call your local representative. Do whatever it is you do to think things through and generate ideas.

What happens if during the contest or judging period my follower count reaches 100 or more followers?

We will clarify this in the announcement, this will only apply for cases before the contest begins. If an account with say, 97 followers during the judging period gets to 100 either because their story was quite successful or malicious activity from haters or else who want to prevent this user from qualifying, we got them covered.

My account is within the age range but before I created it I used to edit lots of stories here and also was a ghost author for James Patterson, do I qualify?

Paraphrasing from an actual answer on the site blog; Editing is not writing and if the account is young enough and not an alt, works for us. There is always the chance new accounts are actually experienced authors from other communities or fandoms, or otherwise people who have been writing for years but never published. So yes.

Are Fallout: Equestria, Equestria at War, Conversion Bureau, Displacement, etc. stories allowed?

Any story that requires knowledge of some external setting or body of work other than the allowed MLP series will be considered Crossovers per the general rules, and therefore not allowed.

What about sequels, prequels, sidequels, spinoffs, reboots, etc - related to other stories I've written?

Similar to the crossover answer: Per the general rules, anything marked as a sequel, spinoff, or whatever is not allowed. Stories must stand on their own.

What if a popular account has published my writing, but it was only an anthology story where I wrote one chapter that didn't even get that many views, or-

For anything as specific as this, contact us directly.

Good list of a q and a! And cute profile picture by the way!

Yo, this is legit me. I have 97 followers rn:rainbowlaugh:

Thesmokinguy
Group Admin

thank you!

Suffering from success i see eh?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4