Duelists and Friendship 4 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Prince Dustin Hogan
Group Admin

While Extra Deck monsters like Fusion, Synchros or even Xyz Monsters mostly use monsters on the field as materials, Necron Monsters are unique as they heavily revolve around using monsters in the Graveyard to be Necron Summoned. Once the needed material are in the Graveyard, ypu must banish them to Necron Summon.

Necron Summoning

A Necron Summon is the method of Summoning a Maestro Monster. To Necron Summon a Necron Monster, banish monsters listed on the Necron Monster's card text from the Graveyard.

Players use the term Accumulate for initiating a Necron Summon (ex. I Accumulate my *names of Material Monsters* to Necron Summon *name of Necron Monster*), similar to Tune for Synchro Monsters and Overlay for Xyz Monsters. When this occurs, the transparent images of the Necron Materials appear before turning into streaks of pale green lights and collide into each other, morphing into a large cracking sphere of dark energy.

The Summon chant for a Necron Summon is "By offering the essence of my *Necron Materials*, the gateway to the other side is now opened! Arise *Necron Monster*!"

Mark

Necron Monsters have no Level, so instead, they have what is called a Mark. Ever heard of the phrase, "back with a vengeance"? Well, Necron Monsters are the embodiment of that saying. A Mark represents how many turns they can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard once they are destroyed.

When a Necron Monster is destroyed, it is Special Summoned during the controller's Standby Phase. For Example, if you Necron Summon a Mark 12 Necron Monster, it can Special Summoned for twelve turns.

But be sure to use this ability sparingly, for the Mark also serves as the limit of how many times a Necron Monster can be brought back from the Graveyard. Once the limit is exceeded and that Necron Monster is destroyed, it is banished instead of going back to the Graveyard.

However, there are some cards that can return Necron Monsters to the Extra Deck once the revival limit is used up instead of banishing. And although they can be Special Summoned from the banished zone, they do not rely on their Mark to bring themselves back from the Graveyard.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1