My Little Lion King 66 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Alright, let's get the main reason for this thread out of the way before it drives me nuts. About a month or so ago, I had formed my own MLP/Lion King Crossover Acts that I'm planning to release sometime in the future after I get my current fics out of the way and completed. I have the genres, tags, summary, title, characters, and cover art of the story down and whatnot, though I still need to write the chapters before posting them. But that's not what I came here to talk about... it's something else that's making me have some doubts about how the stories will go.

Now, I'm planning to have the stories take place in Equestria, but nearly all of the characters that I'm planning to have inside my MLP/Lion King Crossover Acts are going to be from Lion King. Plus I'm planning to have the lion king storyline take place in Equestria as well, and that's where I think I'll be running into a bit of a problem. See, in this version of Equestria, I'm not planning to have any of the towns and cities that dot parts of the Equestrian Map like Ponyville, Canterlot, Manehatten, Fillydelphia, and so on. I'm actually planning for it to be just this massive environment of wild untouched wilderness in the form of woods, deserts, jungles, and mountains. Like the ones in the Whitetail Woods and the Everfree Forest. I'm also planning to have just wild animals be the characters, like the ones in the Lion King, with unique names and whatnot. Aside from at least one MLP related character that I will be having in the story, and am planning to have grown at the same rate as the animals themselves, as well as give them a special type of power. Although I don't know if many of the readers will be okay with that; just making Equestria into this wild inhospitable place with no civilization of the sort apart from verbally speaking wild animals. With wild untamed beasts and adventures into different wildernesses, with characters from a completely different world taking it over while having some characters from MLP in the same lifestyles and cultures as the ones in the Lion King. Even though it's in the Equestrian Universe.

So, that begs the question, what do you guys think of this? Should I make Equestria and its characters like that of the Lion King? A dangerous untamed wilderness with lions/sphinxes as the main characters? Or should or should I switch it around and make the Lion King and its characters more like Equestria? Personally, it'd make me more comfortable if I made these stories the way that I intended them to be, but I wanna hear your thoughts on it. Would you find this interesting?

It could be before the nation was founded.

Yeah, that would make sense.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3