The Golden Fang Ryu Shenron Fan Club 12 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Alright, so, this is something that has been on my mind for a very long time now. I don't know why I didn't address this sooner, but I guess I never really scraped up the time to do so. Now that I do, I figured now was a good time for me to address this and get others' thoughts on this before I went crazy thinking about it. Also, this is something that I did in one of my blogs, so if some of you recognize this, you'll already know what this is about. If the title didn't make that clear already.

So, you guys remember these guys right?

I'm sure pretty much all of you know who these are, but for those that don't, these are the Diamond Dogs that appeared in that one episode in season one. You know, the one where they kidnapped Rarity and made her search for gems until Spike and the rest of the Elements came to save her? Now, you're probably wanting to know why I'm deciding to talk about them, and the reason is very simple. I wanted to get your opinions about their designs and whether or not they should've been made to look different. As for what I thought of their designs? Well, that's easy to answer.

For me personally, I hated it.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the Diamond Dogs were really cool. In terms of personality and character that is. When it came to how they looked like I just could not help but hate it. I really, really, really hated their designs, and I still do to this day. Everything about how they looked was just so...wrong. I get that the creators wanted to make them not like normal dogs, but... the Diamond Dogs honestly looked more like gorillas than actual dogs to me. It was just so damn creepy that I could not see myself letting them look like that in any stories I'd write about them. I won't go after anyone who does like their designs, because we all like different things, but for me, I just can't do it. No way in Tartarus.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I would've really liked it if the Diamond Dogs were made to look much cooler than what they did look like. Again, I like them in terms of personality and character, and how their way of life is. When it comes to design though, that is one nitpick that I just cannot look past. At all. On the flip side, if you were to ask me what I think they should've looked like, I have a few examples.

Yes, I know, these are all from Inuyasha, with the first picture not really being canon. Even so, these are my examples of what the Diamond Dogs could've looked like if ideas from viewers were allowed. Then again, this is just something that I wish the Diamond Dogs had in terms of design. What do you guys think? Do you think our rowdy and gem-loving canines could've been made to look better? Are their designs fine the way they are to you? Please feel free to give your thoughts!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1