Luster Dawn 110 members · 122 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I haven’t seen any headcanons about the characters Luster Dawn is seen with at the end. What do you think?

• The kirin has similar colours to Rainshine, so I like to think she’s her daughter. (Also, it feels odd to me that kirin are living in Equestria in the finale, because they were only in one episode before that.)
  • The griffin looks like a goth girl, but she’s actually really friendly. She got the scarf from Carousel Boutique.

Anything else?

• Luster and the Kirin (who i shall refer to as Winter Breeze until she's given a solid fanon name) are roommates at the School of Friendship.
  • Winter is often nicknamed Princess, much to her own annoyance
  • Her main skill is the manipulation of plant matter via her antler

I also imagine that the kirin is a good singer and likes to skip over Ponyville Lake, and she becomes Luster’s best friend.

Also, i just realized, why is the title Sunburst's friends and not Luster's?

Also, Earth pony is called "Galllop J. Fry". I don’t really like that name, mainly because I don’t like on-the-nose reference names (it’s to Futurama, if you don’t know) that don’t sound like standard pony names.

Perhaps then as contrast to his namesake, he is the genius of the group, though less in a Twilight way with her book obsession and focus on magic, and more in a Dr Hooves way, with a fascination with technology?

I like that idea. Also, what if Doctor Hooves/Time Turner/whatever regenerated by this time?

According to Derpibooru's new name tags their fanon names are now...

• Earth Pony: Gallop. J. Fry
  • Kirin: River Song
  • Griffon: Georgia
  • Yak: Yelena

Gallop also appears to have a hayburger for a cutie mark, so it's a fair assumption to imagine him working fast food

Kirin: River Song

I still prefer Winter Breeze. I don’t like overt reference names, especially when they have nothing to do with the character’s appearance. Plot twist: kirin aren’t pony/dragon hybrids (I don’t agree with that theory), they’re Gallopfreyan/dragon hybrids. =P

I also came up with the name “Gwen” for the griffon earlier, because all of their names begin with hard “G”s.

I’ve started writing that fanfic now, and I’m struggling to think of personalities for Yelena and Gallop, especially the former. Do you have any ideas?

Was thinking of Yelena as the quiet and reserved type, though less in the Fluttershy/Ocellus way, and more like Ren from RWBY. Whatever task she's given, she's usually laser-focused until its completion, even if said task turns out impossible. How's that?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14