Darkwing Duck 32 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Based on pictures released during the SDCC PANEL, we will be seeing some familiar faces in Ducktales Season 3, including Darkwing Duck's deadliest enemy.

But now the question is...how will he fit into the new series? Here' my theory; this incarnation will be a mix of mix of Lex Luthor (Superman TAS version) and the Kingpin, a ruthless business man by day, ruthless crime boss by night. He's the head and CEO of the mega-corporation Quackwerks. Professor Waddlemeyer worked for him until he learn that Taurus had secretly modified his inventions behind his back and planned to sell them including the Ramrod to FOWL. In a desperate plan to prevent his work from being used for evil, he stole all his blueprints and sabotage his the Ramrod.

Unfortunately this didn't go unnoticed and Taurus sent several goons after him. Leading to car chase that resulted in Professor Waddlemeyer's death. In DT Season 3, Scrooge and the family goes to St. Canard for business meeting with Taurus Bulba. Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby, Lena, and Gosalyn learn Taurus is planning on something big and evil. Darkwing/Drake also stumbles on Taurus Bulba's scheme.

Also if they were to reboot Darkwing, Taurus Bulba would the main villain of the first Season.

So...what do you think?

GameQubb
Group Admin

I think it will be an awesome episode.

I owe HyperVoiceActing an apology; they really ARE bringing back more of the characters.

Indeed. I have to say that IS a pretty darn good episode idea/spin-off lead-off.

And yeah, I quite agree that Bulba would be a natural for a first season Big Bad if we really did get a Darkwing Duck reboot. Especially if he decides to create a few super-villains for Darkwing and Launchpad to battle (to hopefully eliminate them in a way that can't be connected back to him but AT LEAST keep them too busy to interfere with his operations). From that end, Bulba and a team of his scientists do "experimentation" on a few particularly loyal underlings to give them powers resembling those of Megavolt, Bushroot and Liquidator from the old Darkwing TV show (and Bulba gives a fourth underling [a gifted, but mentally unhinged scientist] the financial resources to create gadgets that would make him a great real-life analogue to Quackerjack).

Ultimately, Darkwing and Launchpad DO help the more honest representatives of the Saint Canard police gather enough hard evidence to put Bulba away for good. Unfortunately, the four super-villains Bulba created end up getting new leadership - former Darkwing Duck actor turned real life super-villain Jim Starling aka Negaduck (who then becomes the main villain of Season TWO).

However, all of this is just fan thoughts. We'll get hard answers in a matter of months unless I miss my guess.

Those are some excellent ideas. And here's another idea for Darkwing Duck Season 2. Unfortunately with Taurus lock away, many of the crime gangs and Bulba's former goons go to war over who gets to control over Saint Canard's crimal underworld. Until a new group, agents of FOWl, lead by Steelbeak come in and starts running things.

Yeah. That IS some more pretty good stuff. Thanks very much. I could VERY easily see that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7