Fan Club of A Man Undercover 52 members · 89 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

When it comes to an extended version of the movie, do you guys think there’s any way of giving Kludgetown, the Pirate Ship, and Seaquestria a little more expansion? And the characters of Capper, Celaeno & her crew, Grubber, and Novo & Skystar more time to develop?

With Kludgetown, Capper, the Staff of Sacanas, and the Storm King, it was very easy for me to come up with ideas. Much of that could be because those are the parts and characters that fascinated me the most.

But, what do you guys think? Any ideas?

And the characters of Capper, Celaeno & her crew, Grubber, and Novo & Skystar more time to develop?

What about them that needs more development?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

With Capper, Skystar, and the pirates, I was mainly thinking of giving them more opportunities to build their chemistries and bonds with the Main Six and Spike. Novo, I think, could use a little bit more to make her standing as a ruler be more understandable.

And Grubber…well, I think more opportunities to showcase his chemistry with Tempest would be nice. Plus, there’s a children’s book that features him and Tempest finally becoming friends in the end, and I’m surprised that wasn’t incorporated as an epilogue for the film.

I personally see no need for development on their part. They were decent at best, and giving them too much screen time, in my opinion, would've taken the focus away from the Mane Six. Plus, they aren't that interesting to me.

The only character who definitely needed more development would be the Storm King because he's the best villain.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

The only character who definitely needed more development would be the Storm King because he's the best villain.

I agree with you on that.

As a matter of fact, a big reason for why I wrote “A King’s Grand Entrance” was because there were many kinds of scene ideas I had for the Storm King that I believe would be perfect for an extended version. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were among the many kinds that weren’t included in the theatrical cut, that’s for sure.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

In retrospect, I think one of the biggest reasons I’m interested in seeing the Kludgetown scenes be given some slight alterations and expansion, as well as Capper have more screen time while the Equestrians are there, is because it’d play perfectly into the things Twilight did and how she behaved after they left, such as when she attempted to steal the magic pearl.

I mean, I know people have complained about her trying to steal it before, but in my opinion…it plays perfectly into the fact that she’s a flawed individual who secretly started to feel like the fate of the world rested on her alone. And why she began to question Friendship, if I may add.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6