Mayan Keybladers 21 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

More accurately, can worlds that Mayan Keyblade wielders have already went to be reused by other Mayan Keyblade wielders? It’s something that has boggled my mind for a while; for example, if someone has went to the world of “The Rising of the Shield Hero”, would someone else be able to go there, either as their own story or even pick up where the previous person left off? Or would that world be taken and left unavailable to other wielders?

I await anyone’s response to this question to clear this up.

I don't see why they can't, though in the case of Shield Hero for example, it might cause confusion for readers if they picked up where my story left off since it's not part of the collab between Bioquillfiction and others he's crossed Balance over with. I don't have any problem if someone were to pick up where I left off if they choose to do that, but I'm not yet comfortable with collabs myself if them doing so leads to them wanting one.

7687590 That’s fine, it was something that’s been bothering me for a while, and just needed to ask

No biggie. I still have questions bugging me like that too, like if I were to do a Re:Zero crossover and reuse Manus from Low Level Mage in place of Subaru, how much would I have to change for it to be allowed on this site? Could I just switch Rem and Ram with Aloe and Lotus, maybe Beatrice with Twilight or a gender swapped Starswirl, or would I have to essentially change the whole cast? It's something I want to do, but I don't want to change so much for it to be allowed on here nor do I want to make an account on another site just so I can.

7687771 Yeah, I had concerns like that once around the time I first got on this site, for me it was difficult to write something remotely original without it being some sort of crossover or rewrite of something else

The answer is probably in the site's rules, but it's probably also worded so poorly that the answer won't be clear.

7687859 I'll have to look into that then.

Just looked finally, and here's what it says:

Stories you did not write. If you are not the original author or a co-author, you cannot post it, even with permission. This includes “novelizing” a comic, movie, game, etc. that you did not create. For example: a Halo crossover with the same plot, scenes, dialogue, etc. but with the characters replaced by ponies.

So in the case of the story I want to write, looks like it's a no on here even if the MC was (as portrayed thus far) competent and strong enough to skip more than half of Subaru's deaths and while still going in the same general direction, would differ to a noticeable degree.

7687964 I see, I’ll keep that in mind

7687964 Just happened to think of something: what if it's a different version of Shield Hero? Like, I write how the world plays out for my story, but it's completely separate from yours? I don't have to pick up where you left off, I just need to write my own telling of it. Will that work by any chance?

It should work. Same world, different story line. I don't see why it would be a problem.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12