My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 864 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Azure Drache
Group Admin

Story: April Foals Founding Day by Alphamon_Ouryuken and VampDash

Pros:
A good build up, the story starts with an good idea.
A lot of characters from the show have some stage time and the authors did a good job with comming up with ideas for them.
The right characters for the right jobs in this story, they simple fit for the roles they have to play.
Some side jokes on Equestrias inner logic.
Fluttershy as a prankmaster, like in the one episode, I like that she is not the punchingball here.
Trixi and Starlights prank... just yes, good one.
Refreshing events and entertaining mostly during the read of the rest.
The way Faust is mentioned.

Cons:
I am not sure if the world of Eq is called earth and have the same religions as earth.
Some typos
Making Derpy cry, it is emotional but please! (Even it is a prank)
A few phrases ponies wouldn't have in my opinion, like ' It's like shooting a fish in a barrel'
Some of the events of the story seem a bit unrealistic, even for Equestria.
How Spike use his emotional connection to Twilight to his favour, not really likely.

Summary:
A story about Discord gather up with Pinky and RD to start a prank contest in ponyville. I must say I was very positivly surprised with what kind of pranks the authors came up with and who they choose to excute them. Gave me a good smirk here and there. The main idea for the story too was good, I have read one or two stories with it already but non the less I enjoyed this one.
Still there are things that cloud the good overall impression, like the used phrases/word choice here and there as well as the the questionable logic at some spots. For example when Spike does his best to hindrance Starligh at entering the boutique but later it is revealed Rarity just prepared a prank for her.
So this story comes with good ideas but it doesn't manage to really break through with its humour, there is an always over average level of humour that let you smirk but the really big laughter is missing in my opinion. Though, except for the one scene with Trixi and Starlight.

Rating: 6.5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1