Songs of the Spheres: Extended Multiverse 215 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
GMBlackjack
Group Admin

I'll accept almost anything as a side-story. For obvious reasons, M-rated stories can't go in this group, and I don't plan on reading any such stories. But if you want to write something for this group that I'll consider canon, here are the few guidelines I'd like you to follow.

1) Don't contradict other stories and the lore that's been established. If a big contradiction is found, it'll need to be fixed or the story can't be considered 'canon.' Just the way things have to be, sorry. When in doubt, what the main story says is true. Unless I fix it later.

2) Be careful writing stories that take place in the multiversal 'future.' I have plans for the core story in Songs of the Spheres, and it's likely to completely contradict any plans any of you may have. It's much safer to have a story take place in the past - there's a long gap of multiversal 'history' where you could introduce new powerful civilizations that have just fallen by the time Songs of the Spheres actually comes around.

3) This is more of a suggestion than a rule, but remember that not everyone is as into your favorite franchise as you. Don't assume readers will know everything. Describe your characters and their world so people who don't know the show/book/movie can still enjoy the story. I'm trying my best to write the core story like this. But again, just a suggestion - not a rule.

And that's it! You can go ahead and add your side stories to whatever folder you think they belong in. Don't get upset when I move them - the definitions of the folders are not very clear-cut. I'll try my best to explain them.

MAIN STORY: Yeah, this is the main story's folder. Nothing else goes here.

PRIMARY SIDE STORIES: Side stories that explicitly take place in the SotS multiverse and are closely related to either the main story or deal heavily with the multiverse as a concept. Most stories will probably go here.

SECONDARY SIDE STORIES: Side stories will sometimes take place within the SotS multiverse explicitly, but not really do much with the multiverse. Like, say if there was a story about a pony who liked cats, and there was one line or two mentioning something that happened in SotS, or if a story is just stated to 'take place in the SotS multiverse' but doesn't do anything with it. This is for those stories with more scant connections.

NONCANON STORIES: Anything that contradicts the main story or established canon.

REFERENCED STORIES: Is there a universe based on a fanfic somewhere in SotS? (the answer is yes) Those stories will be placed here for those who are curious. However, these stories do not explicitly take place in the SotS multiverse. Notably, M-rated stories like Fallout Equestria will be suspiciously missing.

SPOILER STORIES!: Drafts of future main story chapters are easily accessible through the discord chat. Any stories that relate to those chapters need to go here to protect those following along with the fimfiction site.

-GM, master of boing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1