Of Heroes, Wizards, and Monsters 21 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Disavowed ASH
Group Admin

I am not good with rules, despite my somewhat tyrannical grip on this group. Which I made with the sole intention of seeing who is willing to collaborate with me on the series of this Universe.

I'll give you all the gist of the thinking around here.

1- Nothing can be obtained with nothing, even magic has consequences that must be explained even if they are minor.

2- Like in the real world, technology takes months and even years to develop, no inventions outside of an alcoholic milkshake can be achieved in a single day. Just because the hypothesis and the design was done in a day, does not mean that it can be built and tested in a single day, and budgets have to be considered and where the resources are coming from.

3- Paranormal Investigation in the field outside of a secured laboratory is the most dangerous profession in existence. Poking with the barely understood forces of the universe is as volatile as dealing with radioactive material. Meaning that one false move and you will die.

4- The O.S.S. is a group of scientists and wizards with modern military soldiers at their disposal, investigators are in teams of two, Hunting Squads are teams of four and one commander.

5- Their founder and director of the organization for the first twenty or so years of it's existence is Dr. Arcanum Folklore, a former soldier in the Gallic Foreign Legion who when he returned became a detective to pay for his post-graduate education in Ethereal Matter and Chemistry. He is lifelong practitioner of the magical arts, he is a second generation Celtic-Equestrian unicorn born and raised in Manehattan. It wasn't until 1 L.R. (Luna's Return) that he was knighted by Luna after the events of The Symphony of Canterlot, and given funding by her in an exclusive agreement to create the O.S.S. at thirty-five years of age. He dies at 35 L.R. (Luna's Return) in an Expedition in Antarctica at seventy years of age, twenty-three years after retirement and refuge into purely scientific work after the end of the world wide Ether War at 12 L.R. (Luna's Return)

6. Guns are permitted, but are illegal in most of Equestria. So the presence of guns in the hooves of O.S.S. Agents and O.S.S. Soldiers are frightening and somewhat strange to the average Equestrian, foreigners and foreign countries are oddly more comfortable with their presence.

7. Gothic Horror Monsters, Lovecraftian Abominations, Ghosts, and Mythological Creatures and Gods from all over the world are the things that the O.S.S. Deals with.

8. The Thule Esoteric Order, the various Cults of Lovecraftian Deities, and Nazis are the usual Equine related problems they deal with.

9. Violence, consumption of tobacco and alcohol, and sex is actually permitted in these stories, but if you depict sex in explicit detail instead of just suggesting that it happened then the story will have to be rated M in order for us to continue existing in Fimfiction without trouble.

10. We will discus stories ideas for this series here.

Big Brother is Watching
Group Contributor

I think these are excellent guidelines, as long as these only apply for stories made in this universe, which so far seems like the case.

If you don't mind me asking, may we post forum topics here that more indirectly than directly relate to your universe? It could be great for writing tips if we have fairly broad discussion.

Disavowed ASH
Group Admin

Yes. Kind of the point of this group. :twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3