The Storm King 167 members · 136 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

My 6th inspiration for the Storm King to be from a live-action character.

Gosh, I can hardly believe that I’m at number six now.

Anyway, the sixth character that has inspired me in terms of how to keep the Storm King in character while also making sure he’s an intimidating threat...is this guy here:

I’ve only seen the whole film once, but, every time I look back on this villain here, as well as the portrayal done by the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Owen Davien, I suddenly can’t help but find the Storm King to be a lot like this guy.

Owen Davien is the kind of villain who vies to be a constant nightmare to all, as well as someone who will try getting under your skin through words, threats, and manipulations, even while ignoring the danger he’s in and the risks that come with it. He is also someone who deeply enjoys making people suffer, as well as causing them pain and torture before killing them. He has all of the makings of a true monster, and to me, the Storm King is precisely like him (the only thing that I would not incorporate into him would be cussing).

(On a side note: I’ve regrettably never seen very many of Hoffman’s works and this is the farthest I’ve come with him so far, but I can tell he was an excellent actor every step of the way. Although I wouldn’t call him the best actor in contrast to say...Robert Downey Jr, Mel Gibson, or Alan Rickman.

What do you guys think? Of this video that is and Davien being an inspiration that is?

RIP Hoffman. He played great roles.:fluttershyouch:

I thinl that portrayal could work.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2