Darkest Darkness Universe 14 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Darkswirl
Group Admin

Strange bits of burned books and scraps of paper have been appearing all over the world from mysterious portals that close almost as soon as they open. Could they be teleportation spells gone wrong, a fluke in the magical webway, or warnings from the future? Read what you've found and try to put the pieces together - some scraps are pieces of the same document, some are standalone, but all are a game to figure out exactly what's being said.

This is simply a fun activity I thought up because I give you guys everything we know about the past, and the timelines end at the start of MLP Gen 4 with the birth of Twilight. We know the majority of things that happen from that point forward, but what about the distant future of 200 years after Gen 4 ends? Who knows what the future may hold.

RULES:

1. These are mere scraps of insight into the future of Equus. Many pieces may be missing, lost in translation, or appear only in part. It's up to the reader to solve the puzzle, but I will have completed copies in my personal files if you want to see if you've correctly solved the puzzle (I will only tell you if you've solved it or not, I will not tell you what word/letter/sentence/phrase is wrong or right).

2. The first person able to solve each document and check with me to see if it's correct will have their name added to the decoded document as the first person to solve it (master files will be updated) and I will answer ONE question of the winners' choice about the lore of the Darkest Darkness Universe in yes or no format, so word your questions carefully! I'm like a genie! PLEASE DO NOT POST DOCUMENTS YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE COMPLETED WITHOUT CHECKING WITH ME TO SEE IF THEY'RE ACTUALLY CORRECT! I don't want to confuse people about the history.

3. The decoding feature features a Wheel-of-Fortune-esque style. I choose a few letters at random and pull every instance of that letter out and replace it with an und_rscor_. Words that have parts missing will be put into [brackets] so it's easier to figure out which words you need to work on. At the beginning of the document is a word count telling you exactly how many empty spaces there are (including in the title) in case you are further confused.

4. There will be four levels of difficulty regarding these scraps: EASY, where three letters are removed. NORMAL, where four letters are removed. HARD, where 5 letters are removed. And DEDICATED HISTORIAN, where eight letters are removed! The more juicy the information contained within the document, the harder the difficulty!

Easy:

Mysterious Scrap #5

Normal:

Hard:

Mysterious Scrap #2

Mysterious Scrap #3

Dedicated Historians:

Mysterious Scrap #1

Mysterious Scrap #4

Are we able to save up our winnings?

And should we pm you the attempted solution?

Darkswirl
Group Admin

Not sure what you mean by "save up your winnings", but yes, please PM me about the solution before posting it, here.

By save up our winnings, I mean are we able to save up the questions we want to ask you until there is more lore that we can ask about?

Darkswirl
Group Admin

Ah, yes. I'll keep a running list in the changelog on which users haven't used their question, yet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6