It is an Idea 25 members · 128 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Gnarl
Group Admin

Watched this video recently (I'll put at the end of this so you guys can see where I got the idea from) and it made me want to see someone write a small slice of life story about find, being with and eventually having to part ways with a good friend. The main character would be Ditzy Doo (Or Derpy Hooves depending on which name you like better) and how one day when she's baking a batch of muffins the universe decides to throw one of its crazy curve balls.

From the batch of Muffins she bakes out pops the muffin from the ASDF movies. After getting over her shock they quickly be friend each other and get into a lot of hijinks and funny situations around Ponyville and Canterlot. Part of the plot would be Derpy (the name I love her most as :twilightsmile:) trying her hardest to get Muffin to see that his life matters and to get him to not want to die.

Muffin and Derpy form a strong bond over all their crazy, if odd and short adventures, and the last chapter would be Muffin explaining to Derpy that he knows his life is limited and that he wants to makes as many people happy as possible. The reason he explains the reason he says he wants to die is he knows that something simple, like a warm muffin given by a kind heart, can help spread happiness. he tells her he knows he's a perishable and that while he loved being with Derpy he doesn't have long before he starts to go bad ( "Going Bad" does not mean turning evil just to clarify, it's his form of dying and passing on). Derpy after much crying and begging for him not to go reluctantly agrees to help him pass on and spread his happiness.

The eprologue would be a scene many years later with Derpy running her own breakfast place and one of her customers making small talk. The customer coments on how Derpy is always cheerful and spreads that happiness around like nobody else, not caring of race who that are, what they did and asks what got her to be so... open. Not noticed by the customer Derpy reaches down and touches a small picture under the front counter of her and Muffin smiling and laughing after one of their crazy adventures. "It's something I learned from a dear, dear friend of mine." would be the last line.

What do you guys think? I believe with the written correctly this has the potential to be a massive heart warming- Tear jerker of adorable sadness. Let me know what you guys think. and here's the video as promised, It's amazing. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2