Seaquestria 113 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hiya guys! I am so glad that I made this in time for the "tail end" of Mermay! I even watched the live action of The Little Mermaid and it was cool and beautiful! I think it's my favorite live action remake to date, even more than Cinderella, another one of my favorite fairy tales!

DeviantArt Page Here!

The characters: (PokemonπŸŽ‰) Primarina the Sea Lion - my favorite Alolan starter, so adorable and sweet - singing with a microphone with magical stars coming out of her mouth.

(My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks) πŸ˜… Adagio Dazzle the Siren - one scarily powerful yet alluring villain - sitting on her rock and blasting her red voice magic. I'm still addicted to the Rainbow Rocks soundtrack, including the Siren trio's songs, oh my gosh. (This is a mermaid version of her with her siren tail, powered-up form's fin-wings on her back, fins on her arms from her siren form and her main look as her human for her top half.) Her tail looks like it did in the storybook Twilight had to show how dangerous the Siren trio were. Dagi's design includes her human form, half-siren form and Equestrian siren form conglomerated into one...form.

(My Little Pony Generation 4 Movie) πŸ€— Princess Skystar the Seahorse/Hippocampus-looking Seapony/Hippogriff blowing a bubble. She is so cute, and like Mew from Pokemon, saved the mane characters with bubbles! I love her so much! I almost forgot her wing/fins and headpiece, but I looked up how she was supposed to look in time. I added her pet inanimate objects Shelly and Sheldon the seashells as well.

(Cuphead Game) πŸ’– Finally...Cala Maria, the giant mermaid boss! Another alluring yet scary (reformed this time I think) villain! She is half in her mermaid and gorgon forms, blinking a diamond and hugging her pet Seahorse. Although my orange pencil looks ugly and was not as bright as it should have been. I was tempted to color him yellow and call it quits.

Sorry that Adagio looks terrible, but I usually draw animals, animals with humanoid features or even a few humans with animalistic features, but straight up drawing boring old -I mean- ordinary humans is harder. Her tail and hair were much easier to draw than her human body, and even the human half of Cala Maria - the more cartoony-looking of the two was easier to draw despite that, haha.

I think that Cala and Dagi were the most interesting in terms of design, Cala and Prima had the best poses, and Sky and Prima are the cutest drawings. I made the characters look like cute pins that have colored auras around the mer-girls. I tried my best to make this artwork look cute and pretty, instead of just beautiful or scary; I think I did well! πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ

I worked hard on this and only just got to finish it today as I had three other drafts of this that I will likely post next year - I wanted to include other mermaids from other franchises as well as about one or two more from most of the ones drawn above, but they were cut for time and I only got to include my absolute favorite characters.

My Little Pony Gen 4 Movie/Equestria Girls Movies are by Lauren Faust, Meghan McCarthy, and Hasbro.
Pokemon Gen 7 is owned by Satoshi Tajiri and Nintendo.
Cuphead is owned by Studio MDHR.

I finally found out how to embed images in blogs! I think it should be hassle free though - it should be that just putting a link or a video should make the page pick up the fact that that type of media was posted, but anyway...it was also not as hard as I thought it was going to be either. I had to clock on my art from DeviantArt and open my creation in a whole other tab window, then copy-paste the source on here. I finally did it, woo!

*Also, I am working on a MerMay seapony fanfic, so I will update this page by on or before June 5th with the link inserted here on this page. Look forward to it!*

Hope you enjoy! Happy MerMay everyfishy!

- KikiO3000 out!🫧

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1