Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Since you guys were able to clarify each folder better, I could use a bit of help of placing a rewrite of a story I'm working on. Takes place before Rainbow Rocks, but will come across that movie later on in the story. Should I put it in the EqG folder or RR folder?

Not a mod, but it sounds like Arc Spanning to me (depending on how much of that story is published to date, anyways):

For stories that span multiple movies' eras or are concerned with the events of multiple movies to a roughly equal degree. (Stories primarily tied to a single movie that only casually mention other events should go in another folder.)

So I guess, just figure out if RR is super-integral to the story or not. If so, Arc, if not, EQG1.

Thanks. I think I understand now.

Cryosite
Group Admin

As usual, think of it in terms of being a reader looking for stories.

If you found your story in a particular folder, would you feel like it belonged there? People searching the "arc spanning folder" aren't there looking for stuff in the "catchall bin" they're looking for stories that clearly have elements from many movies. Bigger stories.

If you're looking in the "Rainbow Rocks" folder, and you find a short/oneshot story that starts a little before Rainbow Rocks, maybe touches on EqG1 stuff, but is really, really focused on stuff with Aria Blaze and her becoming friends with Granny Smith, the lunch lady at CHS, then you'd probably be pretty satisfied it belonged there, right?

So try to imagine what a reader is going to be getting when they read your story. What "era" of the span of movies and characters and topics are you going to focus on? Don't get bogged down by little details of "well, technically it overlaps this part of the caledar and that and even though..."

I see. I might wait until i get farther with the story before deciding which folder to put it in.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5