NaNoWriMo Bronies 50 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
DeshLune
Group Admin

Hello all, sorry I'm a little late with this, today I wanted to ask how everyone is doing. I'll try to keep up the weekly checks I was "hired" to do - even if I'm busy.

And so without further adieu: how are you all, and how has your writing been going? I know it has been a long while since this has started. And it has been quite an adventure. But... um... I don't know anymore.

Happy writing~

Roughly speaking, I have managed to write 32,000 words so far, or approximately 640 words a day on average. The downside is that they're spread over four different stories, only one of which had enough quality control to go to publishing and submission. It's also the only one I've actually completed. :unsuresweetie:

As you can tell, my biggest fault has been an inability to avoid flitting from one shiny new idea to another. It's clearly not a winning strategy, but in the moment, the temptation is just too strong to resist. I definitely need to work on that. :ajsleepy:

On the plus side, what I've managed to write seems pretty promising, and I've enjoyed a lot of the actual sessions I've had. If ever I get this inconsistency problem solved, I think I'll fare much better on future projects. And on future NaPoWriMo events, of course! :yay:

Counting the chapter I'm currently working on, I'm sitting around 34k words atm. Was gonna go for 80k, given the extended deadline, but then 2 weeks disappeared before I even realized it and now I've got 10 days left >_<

DeshLune
Group Admin

I have that problem as well (only I can get myself to go back to something). I'll start a story and get an idea. I don't do anything with that initial idea, but most of the time it will start forming more and more, until... well I end up starting on said idea. Though now-a-days I've made sure to put planning much more planning in the way, and I have found that can help keep me on track. ^^

Eighty thousand is a nice goal to have. Personally I found I had to more than double my goal because I just don't see the story ending within one hundred thousand words. As for where I am at - I know you didn't ask - I should be somewhere in the twenty-seven thousand word count range... maybe twenty-nine thousand; I simply keep getting distracted because I have no one "hounding" me to get to writing and I've gotten into Fallout: New Vegas a little too much. But if I remember correctly the deadline was August 14th. Not the end of June. So you should have more time. ^^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4