Petunia Paleo 27 members · 18 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

So, now that such a group is finally here, let's bring some life into it! And since there are already three authors and one budding author here in this group, and hopefully more soon, let's talk about story ideas for Petunia!
Some months ago, I opened a thread in the Writer's Group to list and discuss story ideas for Petunia Paleo, now we can carry them over here!^^
I will talk about a few of my ideas from that thread down below:

Petunia Paleo and her future career as paleontologist

Headline says it all. Now that Petunia Paleo has discovered her special talent, what will she do and where will she go from now on?
She obviously wants to become a great paleontologist, but how? Are there schools for paleontologists in Equestria? Or special universities?
Judging by the reaction of her parents, paleontology does not seem to be a very common special talent for ponies, so she might have it hard with getting into this career and to learn everything she needs to know.
And are fillies her age even allowed to carry out that job already or will she have to wait until she is adult before she can start and be content with digging up bones in her backyard until then?
There are lots of angles here and lots of directions in which such a fic could be taken.

How does Petunia locate the bones in the ground exactly?

That's an especially interesting idea. Right after seeing the episode, it came to me that Petunia apparently has a special instinct to find the bones, since she already knew there was a skeleton of a ponysaurus under her sandbox.
Someone on Derpibooru said she's probably able to smell the bones, due to her special talent, when I brought this up, and we developed the idea she could be a good crime investigator or profiler. Her ability of smelling the bones would be very useful to find murder victims.
That could very well be an alternate career for her. Maybe she chooses the path of crime investigator one day?

So far, these are two ideas of mine for fics involving Petunia. What would you write for Petunia Paleo?
Let the story ideas commence!

Nobody replied after all this time? Well, let me tell you, your story ideas are great!

Thanks.^^ Yeah, no one, sadly. New background ponies are often overlooked these days and everyone is just writing for the old ones we know plenty..... It's a situation that really needs to change, especially Petunia has so much potential that is just ignored.

Agreed, that's why I created the Vietnam story with her. The idea with her being a crime investigator or profiler makes me think of the TV show Bones

As a bit of feedback, I think you should mention in the description that the "lost child" is Petunia Paleo. It sounds a bit plain right now, but if you put a name there, potential readers know a bit what to expect and it's more likely to get read.
If you want, I can also make you a custom character tag for Petunia, that you can then put at the top of the first chapter, like I have done it with "Aunt Millie".
That would bring Petunia a bit more attention, which she sorely needs.

A good idea. I currently work on the chapter focused on her parents and theor worry about her.

Okay, I'll make you one this weekend.^^

Hmm, just finding this thread now...

Another idea would be to use Petunia as a sort of voice over narrator (maybe she's giving a report to the class for Show and Tell day?) describing how, ever so many moons ago, ponysaurus' and other ancient creatures lived. This would open up a new world in which a prehistoric Mane 6 could deal with their own friendship problems (how would a T. Fluttershy fare as a carnivore for example, would an Ice Age Opalescence be a saber tooth house cat, and would Cave pony Rarity notice?). I dunno, My Jurassic Pony, anyone?

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

Sounds promising!

Do it filly :pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10