Tails of Equestria 43 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Thought Prism
Group Admin

This is the place where you'll find additional rules or add-ons (ie: new equipment, talents, creatures, etc.) which may improve Tails gameplay, be they your own or someone else's. Even those never actually tested in a real game may be posted, and I'll add a link to this OP. That way, people will be able to try them out! Just be sure to credit the original creator if the content is not yours.

House Rules
Masterweaver's 'Horse Rules'

Add-Ons
6018280 Trossels (New Race)
6018281 Alicorn Stat Spread

Could I add in my own Original Race?

Okay, gonna take that as a 'yes'. This is the write-up for my own original race called Trossels.
Bio: "Trossels are a rather unique and exceptionally rare species of pony, so rare they're thought to be extinct. Trossels were once Unicorns until they discovered an amazing power to literally bend magic to their will and harness it in its purest form which manifested in the form of magical elemental power channeled through the spikes on their hooves.
Because of this, and the unique physiology of their pointed hooves drawing Magic to manifest powers, they are not usually considered traditional ponies like a Unicorn or Pegasus but more of a subspecies or even evolution. However, most Trossels are usually much more physically delicate compared to normal ponies." Trossels are a bit quirky, to put it one way, when it comes to cutie marks. Instead of gaining one for their special talent, they're granted one at some point in their life (usually fairly young) that grants them their elemental power (there's some that are stupid crazy broken like Aether, Space, Creation, Death, and Heaven, but I'm sure that a lot of them will be house ruled out anyway). Trossels usually earn up to two elements, but sometimes they can discover a brand new element altogether.

These are the base stats for a Level 1 Trossel character:

Body: D4, Mind: D8, Charm: D6, Stamina: 12
Talents: Telekinesis (D6), Float (D4)*; select up to 2 Powers or 1 Unique power (D8)**
Quirks: Pick One

*Float works like a much weaker version of Flight. Trossels can technically "fly" but it's more like floating with more controllable movement but nowhere near as much speed and control as Pegasus flight.
**There's 30 Elements to choose from (there are more, but several are locked out such as Alchemy Elements like Gold, Salt, and Cinnabar, Extinct Elements like Snow, Smoke, and Dirt, and absurdly powerful Elements like Annihilation, Leech, and Balance), however the Omni Trossel is locked out altogether except as a GCC (Gamemaster Controlled Character; the Omni Trossel has control of EVERY element and is reincarnated every 3 generations, so essentially the Alicorn Princesses in one body that constantly reincarnates ad infinitum)

I also completely ignored the rules and decided to whip up an Alicorn stat layout anyway just to have an extra option:

Body: D8, Mind: D8, Charm: D10, Stamina: 16
Talents: Telekinesis (D6), Fly (D6); pick one Appropriate Cutie Mark talent
Quirks: Pick one (being "too perfect" isn't a quirk)
(AN: I had layouts for other races like Seaponies, Changelings, Bison, and Deer, but seeing as the Bestiary has character creation for non-pony races, I figure it'd be redundant to include all but the ones that fill in the cracks the aforementioned book misses)

Thought Prism
Group Admin

I just added a couple links up top for you. I only just now thought to check this group for posts again, given how low the rate of activity is :twilightsheepish:.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5