History Bronies 145 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

What if Vladimir Lenin didn't die early and went on to lead the Soviet Union? What would happen to Stalin? What would happen to Trotsky. How would this effect the world?

5796045 Well, Lenin was more in-line with Trotsky's way of thinking, rather than Stalin's.

It'd be kinda backwards considering Stalin is the one who industrialized the Soviet Union

5796045 I didn't realise they were both Jewish.

Thanks coincidence detector!

5796306 Tis a sad day when you realise that Stalin was the better pick of the two. They really not to stop teaching animal farm in school.

5796446 Hmmm, so theoretically, the world might have been more peaceful. Of course, this is just a theory. Shit happens.

Maybe Winston Churchill never became Prime Minister.

The Japanese Army may never have taken over the government.

(This is from an Indonesian's pov) Sukarno may not have been overthrown and Indonesia would probably end up as a valued US ally early. I know Sukarno was leaning to Communism, but if the Soviets never had much influence, Sukarno would probably be Pro-US instead of Pro-Soviet.

5796519 Eh, that's debatable, Indonesia had eyes on East Timor since the beginning. Now that I think of it, probably would have been better if East Timor stayed with Indonesia.

In this alternate scenario, Glorious Sukhois may never have been created, Indonesia would have been sold Challenger MBTs instead of the Scorpions Suharto bought, but we may still have problems with Islamic Hardlines depending on what happened to Afghanistan and Iran.

5797031 Maybe, but all Indonesia had to do was blockade East Timor.

Portugal may have to release East Timor but at a later time. Same shit will happen, they'll start fighting over who controls East Timor. We should never have let them go.

Now that I think of it, probably would have been better if East Timor stayed with Indonesia.

100,000 dead Melanesians can't be wrong!

Now that I think of it, probably would have been better off if the TNI got real and actually tried to go in for a Konfrontassi part two.

5797031 They barely beat East Timor by itself, and they didn't even have an army.

5797062 Maybe, but like I said, this is just a theory. There really is no telling what would happen.

5797052 All of these problems, was because nobody did a thing to stop Suharto.

5797071 Thankfully the world order's current opinion is that collective guilt is IN.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14