The Nightmare Factory 110 members · 244 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
LyraAlluse
Group Admin

Lesser-Known Musicians: Heilung

Listing to Heilung is an experience. Imagine if you went back in time and brought back some ancestors from the Iron Age and Viking Age, complete with their outfits and their musical instruments. Then gave them a few other bones and animal skin drums to bang on. Then had them perform in musical concerts around the world. That's pretty much Heilung in a nutshell.

The music has this ancient sound that resonates with your soul. You can feel it in your bones. When you aren't being captivated by the music, the outfits will definitely catch your attention. They wear animal skins, antlers, face paint, dance around the stage, cast runes in the middle of the concert, throw instruments to stop Gods monsters from the underworld from invading. No really, they do. Watching them perform is a trip.

Here are some of the songs that resonate with me.

If you have some time, definitely check out their YouTube channel here. You can also check out their music on Bandcamp, Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, iHeartRadio, Play Music, and Apple Music.

the dobermans
Group Contributor

Have you seen them live?

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

7748169 I haven't seen them live yet but I would love to. I love their stuff. :)

the dobermans
Group Contributor

I've seen them around on YT. I think you hit the nail on the head.

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

7748172 They have a very unique sound and stage presence. They are definitely very different and that's why I like them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5