YouTubers of FiMFiction 59 members · 39 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Jesse Coffey
Group Admin

Found this at a Goodwill recently- the Warner Bros. movie "Cats and Dogs" on VHS released in Mexico and dubbed in Spanish. (It's also been retitled "Como Gatos Y Perros" which means "LIKE Cats and Dogs" in English.) Spanish dubs aren't quite a novelty anymore thanks to US DVDs usually including them, but the stuff at the beginning of the tape is still interesting.

Notice it opens with a gray screen instead of the traditional black. Then there's a number of Mexican anti-piracy notices, the current AND late-80s Warner Home Video openings, two different DVD promos in Spanish (I've heard US VHS's of this era had DVD promos too- nice, but why didn't they ever do the same for laserdisc?). Then a paid commercial for Nokia (I always hated seeing these on VHS tapes, but I'll rant about that on more suitable titles like "Rain Man"), trailer for the first Harry Potter movie without the dumbed-down American title (and en Ingles con subtitulos en espanol) and the first Lord of the Rings movie- these are letterboxed but the actual movie on this tape isn't. In between the trailers we have another ad for Six Flags amusement park outside Mexico City- notice the music in this is currently used for MGM's DVD fanfare.

- Jesse Skeen

Phoenix Heart 27
Group Admin

5732702 ¡Versión en español de "Cats & Dogs" ... magnífico!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2