YouTubers of FiMFiction 59 members · 39 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Jesse Coffey
Group Admin

Opens with Columbia TriStar logo, then the scrolling warning screen, then the eponymous "Beware of Illegal Video Cassettes" screen (which I think YouTube gave international prominence to, IDK), an explanation of the UK's 18 rating, and a preview for Desperado. What follows is the Columbia Pictures logo (Taxi Driver was one of the last to use the Torch Lady that had been used for a long time), and that itself is followed by what is described in this blog post as "an adult portrayal of a psychotic Manhattan cabby (Robert De Niro), struggling with his private hell. [The film also features] Cybill Shepherd, Jodie Foster, Harvey Keitel; [it was] directed by Martin Scorsese."

This is the first VHS opening I've posted to this group, hopefully I can find some more and post them here, as YouTube is full of great audiovisual items from the past. (obviously that includes VHS openings). This was contributed to YouTube by Shaun O'Hagan.

Phoenix Heart 27
Group Admin

5732202 I know this movie! I saw it before and liked it! This...will be turning 20 years old if I'm not mistaken, this year.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2