Dragon Ball 70 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
EarthbendingProdigy
Group Admin

This has to be one of the dumbest examples of censorship ever, are they trying to piss us off?

http://heatst.com/gaming/bandai-namco-censors-us-version-of-dragon-ball-fusion-replaces-swords-with-sticks/

5664759 Maybe they could say the swords send people to another dimension? :trollestia:

4Kids One Piece censorship is worse.

EarthbendingProdigy
Group Admin

5664764 It would be more believable and look less stupid at least. Yeah, I do in fact remember that in the early English dubs.

5664794 As a One Piece fan myself I have indeed seen the 4 Kids dub of One Piece and 4 Kids is a special kind of stupid when it comes to this sort of thing sadly and is why I am glad that 4 Kids no longer has the rights to One Piece. Unfortunately though I think that may be one of the main reasons why One Piece is not as popular in the US as it is in Japan. Until Dragon Ball Super came along nothing could touch One Piece in the ratings in Japan.

And there was Sonic X...

5664794 I mean, guns can apparently be shown in cartoons, as long as they fire lasers, look like really overcomplicated Ork guns, or are a different color, like sky blue or something. There's a TVTropes page on the trope

5664806 That would be amazing. Like a Janemba style sword that can open dimensional portals. Do they still have Vegito's sword move?

I'd say this is fairly accurate.

5664759 That is incredibly dumb. Swords are awesome! :trixieshiftleft:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8