Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I suspect that we have the problems that we do because we blow our issues out of proportion, and treat minor things like major ones, until they become major problems for real. When you squeeze a ball of playdough, it slips through your fingers. So in order to keep the group orderly, perhaps we should have a more hands-off approach. If I didn't give fucks and left everybody alone, Darwinism will take hold, the group will gain full control over itself. Alsvid came and went really quickly when Darwinism took hold, and she only stuck around for a long while because the mods were getting involved. We should apply strikes and bans for misdemeanors, but it's not up to us to fix the problems of others unless it directly involves applying a strike or a ban. Me treating minor issues or non-group issues like major group issues not only stressed me out over things that were none of my business, but drove away my good friend, and now I realized why everything went so out-of-control. I suggest that for now on, we should be more hands-off.

treat minor things like major ones, until they become major problems for real.

Sure.

If I didn't give fucks and left everybody alone, Darwinism will take hold, the group will gain full control over itself. Alsvid came and went really quickly when Darwinism took hold, and she only stuck around for a long while because the mods were getting involved.

Sorta, alsvid was being ignored and that was what allowed us to stay hands-off but, once both admins and trolls/stubborn users started to give alsvid the attention it wanted, it became a problem we had to fix.

We should apply strikes and bans for misdemeanors, but it's not up to us to fix the problems of others unless it directly involves applying a strike or a ban.

Sure, it's the most important thing we should do. I also think we should get involved if a rule ever needs to be done, but I'm sure that type of conversation will never come.

drove away my good friend, and now I realized why everything went so out-of-control

I always feel like if I missed something even though I'm always online.

I always feel like if I missed something even though I'm always online.

Talking about things creates drama. Let's not. I hate myself right now and am going to delete some details.

Me treating minor issues or non-group issues like major group issues not only stressed me out over things that were none of my business, but drove away my good friend the Parasprite, and now I realized why everything went so out-of-control. I suggest that for now on, we should be more hands-off.

With a group like this, its hard mediating between people who's opinions greatly differ from one another and often times tensions flare and things get heated. Don't be so hard on yourself, you and the other mods try their best. That being said, I think a hands-off approach can work better for this type of group though not too hands off.

Don't worry, if you don't want to talk about it, I won't push for it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5