Reviewers Cafe 576 members · 410 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Cadiefly
Group Contributor

Story: Spectral Eclipse by Relux_the_Relux
Verdict: Reject

Reason:

For the sake of this particular review, I am avoiding assigning any numerical weight to it, for I fear doing so may imply that it's quality isn't as high as I regard it. This narrative is structured well, having very minimal (if any at all) mechanical issues I could see. Its pacing, although slow, hasn't yet felt sluggish, and it does well to hone in on the tone that it's going for.

This is very much a mystery novel, as Dusk Shine is investigating into the death of Doctor Horse. Beyond that, it also has an intriguing setting that naturally draws out the inquisitive side in its audience. Through implications of events transpired outside of the narrative and the dynamics of the relationships it establishes, one would find it hard not to sit back and ask how they've developed as individuals outside of what we've seen thus far. This is indicative of a well executed narrative.

There are only three chapters from which I can draw upon at the moment, however, and I feel it would be a bit preemptive of me to accept this story into the fold just yet. I believe this is a story that's just getting out of its opening act, and I'm eager to see if the investigation portion of the narrative will be as satisfying as its worldbuilding. Alas, I must take into account that it still has the potential to go either way.

Still, I fully recommend this read, and I encourage the author to continue with this piece. I do whole-heartedly believe that the quality is there already, and I'd be hard-pressed to find any major suggestions to offer for it. On the same token, I think I must see just a bit more to formulate a more notable opinion on it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1