The Society of Mildly Annoyed Liberals 57 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Jesse Coffey
Group Admin

Footage above uploaded by
Brill for Congress
, YouTube)

Republican Paul Gosar, running for election in Arizona's 4th congressional district, has met the most unlikely of political opponents. Six of his ten siblings stated their vocal opposition to his candidacy in an ad for his Democratic challenger, David Brill.

Mr. Gosar responded to the ad in an angry manner on Twitter, stating: "You can’t pick your family. We all have crazy aunts and relatives etc and my family is no different. I hope they find peace in their hearts and let go all the hate.

To the six angry Democrat Gosars—see you at Mom and Dad’s house! #AZ04 #MAGA2018"

He continued his rant on the ad by saying, "My siblings who chose to film ads against me are all liberal Democrats who hate President Trump. These disgruntled Hillary [supporters] are related by blood to me but like leftists everywhere, they put political ideology before family. Stalin would be proud. #Az04 #MAGA2018"

Among other things, Mr. Gosar has previously stated the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia was a left-wing ploy to undermine the presidency of Donald Trump. He has won the scorn of environmentalists everywhere, missed a speech given in Congress by Pope Francis when it turned out to be about climate change, opposed stricter gun laws brought upon by various shootings, and has described Native Americans as "wards of the federal government". He is also a traveler of sorts, going to London to try and free white supremacist leader Tommy Robinson, who in May was convicted of contempt of court, having been sentenced to 13 months in prison when he posted a Facebook Live video of defendants entering a law court; this stands in stark contrast to a court order to prevent reporting those trials while proceedings are ongoing. (Mr. Robinson was later bailed after appealing against the conviction.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1