The Antifascist Iron Front 76 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Today in my Philosophy class, we moved on to Nietzsche, Nihilism, and Existentialism. It was an interesting discussion, and one of the things we talked upon was how Nietzsche's ideas were appropriated by the Nazi's to spew hate and bile. This got me thinking of how the alt right/Anti Feminists love to appropriate philosophers and religious figures to try and justify their speech. Guys like Mouthy Buddha taking on the name of one of Asia's great philosophers/religious thinkers, or people saying that Martin Luther King Jr would have supported Donald Trump.

The point is, these people love to dredge up old, out of context ideas and use them to peddle hate. So I'm thinking what we can do is start up a thread dedicated to the discussion of philosophy, or historical figures, and work to refute the ideas that they'd be nazi/fascist supporting shit heads today. Right now I'm reading up on Soren Kierkegaard in particular, but we can discuss any historical figure/philosopher the Fascists love to appropriate and correct assumptions.

If this goes against group rules, please delete it. But I want to correct assumptions however we can, let's do our best! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2