The Antifascist Iron Front 76 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Alsvid
Group Admin

Michael Todd Birkl (left) and the threatening note he left on the door of a black church in Virginia (right). Images via Prince William County Police and Twitter.

DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
Michael Todd Birkl — a man who’s been charged for leaving a KKK-referencing note on the door of a predominantly black church in Virginia weeks after Charlottesville — has a long history of failed crimes dating back more than 20 years.

According to Washington, D.C.’s WJLA news station, Birkl was arrested for leaving a note on the door of a church in Dumfries, Virginia last month that read “Now THATS WHiTE POWER, DAY of THe Rope IS Coming [sic].” Along with the epithet were clippings from KKK pamphlets, a photo of a Confederate flag and a cutout from a TIME magazine cover illustration of President Donald Trump in a white klan hood.

His racist threats towards the Dumfries church was not his first foray into white supremacist violence.

In 1994, Birkl, who was 26 and living in Pennsylvania, held a woman hostage for six-and-a-half hours. According to the Baltimore Sun, he did so because he is a “white supremacist” and saw it as his only way to spread his message. While police attempted to negotiate with him, he called a local TV station and told them “the end of the world is coming.” At the time, he claimed to have cancer.

Birkl was also arrested in 2015 in Dumfries for a foiled carjacking where he stabbed the man he was attempting to rob. He then tried to flee on foot, but officers caught up to him “a short distance away.”

Alsvid
Group Admin

Gentles all, I give you - the master race!

So wait, this retard has a string of failed criminal attempts on record. And he thought he could get away with another one. I can't beat my head against a wall hard enough, to equal out to understand his logic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3