Ferrier Falls 36 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hippocampus (name may change) live in deep water, and rarely come up to surface. Their front legs are web-clawed, giving them the edge on swiping and catching fish. They have no hind legs, but rather a large eel tail, and a dorsal fin for their mane. Not too much is known, but the Tentaraks trade with them, getting the larger fishes which they in turn trade to the people of Ferrier Falls. It is said they are not the friendliest, but that's fourth hoof information.

hello everypony, i am the creator of the hippocampus here with some more info on them:

1.while most match the description above,some have rear legs like the front legs,the tail being thinner,and some have squid-like tentacles in place of tail and rear legs,and some have fin-like wings that can hold them aloft in the air for several seconds

2.along the necks of these ponies are tri-slitted gills which allow breathing underwater,spells must be cast to permit breathing in air

~Data

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5517497 Very interesting. Knowing this, I could have some of them, maybe the ones with the wings that can surface, be the ambassadors (of a sort) to the population on the dry land, rather than just having the Tentaraks represent them?

Also, as for a name...actually, the Hippocampus sounds like a cool name. Yes, it's the name of ancient water horses in Greek mythology, but this is like your take on it. Your own version of Hippocampus. Sounds legit to me.

5518044 i had Atlantis and mermaids in mind when i created them,but hippocampus works

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3