Logic Prevails 48 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Gapeagle
Group Admin

I'll have to get this thing out early! Since you know full well what a "rule" is, I'll simple jump into them right away.

No, this group is not anarchy. We shall more of take the structure of the British Parliament. Isn't it great hearing a bunch of guys yell at each other in British accents? No? Well, that's like your opinion.

RULE #1 NO UNREASONABLE INSULTING OR THREADS FILLED WITH AD HOMINEMS

We as a group are hear to discuss with logic and reasoning. This may be a tough concept to grasp right away, but simply insulting your opponent is fruitless behavior and is worthless in any argument. Yes, you WILL collide with people that do seem illogical, however, unless you can prove how illogical he or she is, be as respectful as possible.

RULE #2 NO TROLL THREADS

This is actually a bit flexible as one may have a different definition of what a "troll thread" is. Well, this rule's definition shall be "whatever is meant to severely divide the group through emotion baiting." So basically if one makes a thread that lacks any logic, fun, lightheartedness, respect, AND thoughtfulness will more than likely be branded with being a troll thread.

RULE #3 JOKE THREADS ARE THE BOMB!

Joke threads are absolutely welcome. This group is not meant to be a bunch of sour, grumpy individuals who spend their lonely lives arguing with people about politics and social conundrums. If you want to make a thread about us discussing about why space aliens are perceived as green instead of beige or a thread about not using chum for shark bait when we have politicians that could function way better, then by Logic's flowing dreadlocks, you can do it!

RULE #4 NO POSTS THAT ATTACK OTHER GROUP MEMBERS OR PEOPLE ON SITE

Title sums it up. If you have the balls to attack another in this manner, it is instant ban. Assimilate or be destroyed.

RULE #5 KEEP THREADS SAFE FOR WORK

This rule is not an absolute as people on the internet can bring NFSW on any thread. However, this more goes to the thread itself. Try and keep threads appropriate and fun. If you want to discuss sex positions in a joke thread, I'm fine with that, but even then keep it PG-13 if you can. No threads shall become clop fics, but the discussion of clop fics is perfectly legal. If you think your thread skirts the edge of NSFW, please title it with "NSFW Thread: YOUR TOPIC" so that those who do not wish to discuss something like that will not accidentally jump in it.

RULE #6 LOGIC IS THE KEY

This group is called Logic Prevails, so by Twilight's cute muzzle, it shall prevail! Do not attack with emotion or insults, do not dismiss your opponent outright because of "reasons." Every argument MUST be backed up by evidence. Do NOT make up evidence or do anything that may discredit your reasoning. Always think "I CAN BE WRONG" so that you will try to find the truth will all your might. This group is the prime example of Freedom of Speech.

Everyone has the three strike rule. If you break these rules three times, you are banned. It may sound harsh, but you'll find it pretty relaxed. The mods here are also under these rules. If they cannot prove your wrongdoing without bias or concrete evidence, they will be banned if they misuse their power.

If you have suggestions for this group and its purpose, be free to PM me.

:moustache: So thanks for joining and go out there and discuss! :moustache:

Gapeagle
Group Admin

5425308 Not really because you announced it as a flamewar. That's lightheartedness in a sense. So it will be categorized as a joke thread. Now, if you didn't announced it and the topic was more heavy like "I hate Jews, why do they even exist?" without any reason as to why, would be booted immediately.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3