Magicians: Sorcerers and Sorceresses 21 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46
Root Beer
Group Admin

The truth is, when people think of magic I believe they tend to refer to Religious Magic. This is because most magic has to do with a god or a spirit of some sort, at least, rituals usually do. Whether they're Wiccan, Christian, or Druid Rituals and Chants they're all Religious Magic.

All magic is religious/spiritual but not all of it is tied to any specific spirit or God.

Religion was created to explain things that the human mind couldn't understand, therefor it's no real shock that millenia later there's no real difference to most between religion and magic.

I depends on how one words it. If you were to say Miracles, then people would feel it religious. The word Sorcery would be less so.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409120 Not all magic is religious or spiritual. I strictly do non-religious/spiritual magic.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409131 Yep, but Witchcraft is another kind of Religious Magic.

Sorry; i meant to say that's how it is for me when i channel:twilightblush:

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409229 Well, actually I suppose all magic is spiritual, but not all magic is Religious. I personally can't perform magic without spirit/soul. On the other hand I perform magic without a deity to worship.

:twilightsmile:
If i may ask; what is your fath?

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409239 I have faith in the God of the Sun, there's not much more to it than that :rainbowlaugh: I'm sure there are other god's and goddesses, but I've never met them. Except one, the God of Kindness.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409266 Of course I tend to think of deities as nameless, but I'll call them what I will. I'm actually currently making an altar.

Call them what you like; humanity has had many names for the divine over the years:twilightblush::rainbowlaugh:

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409277 They sure have :rainbowlaugh:

True, for every holy tome tells also of acts most profane

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409336 I didn't know that. It does make sense though.

By that I mean that every religion, or just about every religion tells of foul acts by some sort of less than holy force.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409362 Yeah, in just about every religion/mythos, or belief.

Have you heard the lore for a real Windigo?

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409376 No I have not. I don't know what a windago is.

In Native American culture, they are large demons with teeth the size of gravestones

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409435 Christ, that's terrifying. I personally have one thing that looks scarier than that to me, one giant dragon, so large it's teeth are 3 feet wide, and 7 feet tall, it's such a big dragon you can't even see it's entire body, only it's face when it's laying down and you're looking directly at it's face from far away.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409478 It isn't, it's one of my spirit guides named Abigail that likes to shapeshift into intimidating things.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5409705 I definitely have, in a dream. Well, maybe it wasn't Abigail, Abigail is my really tall maybe 15 feet tall blue male lion friend. The dragon was just a shapeshifter.

How long have you had these dreams?

Root Beer
Group Admin

5410869 Well it all started when I was maybe 11 or 12, and I had that dream about the 13 to 15 foot tall blue lion named abigail.

And you've continued to have that dream for years?

Root Beer
Group Admin

5410981 No, but I have had other dreams.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5411027 All sorts of things.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5411062 Oh yeah it was, one time I had a dream about a scorpion coming after me, that was absolutely terrifying.

Was it oversized? Cause a normal Scorpion is small enough to step on.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5411475 Oversized? Yeah, it was a foot long, and it had huge thick legs and a thick tail as well, it was a black scorpion. Funny thing is, my mom's seen one just like it on a mountain range here in the US (I can't say where), funny thing is, you aren't allowed to take pictures there for some reason, I don't think she'd have a camera though, she was only a child at the time.

Damn, must have been terrifying.

That's weird.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5411594 Yeah, I dreamed that it was outside my window, I laughed because it couldn't hurt me out there, then I saw it climb up my window, and I backed off, letting my drapes fall in front of the window, then I saw a bulge in my drapes. . . I went to go get my weapon of choice, a flyswatter, and hit the thing, it fell off of my drapes, and chased after me, and I woke up out of bed saying "Oh F!@#", I then got my Bowie Knife and stalked around my house from half an hour to an hour, then I stopped, and my parents woke up.

Christ. Do you still dream like this?

Root Beer
Group Admin

5411795 I rarely ever dream, but when I do, sometimes it's like that.

Well sinking as you don't have frequent nightmares that's alright.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5411839 It's true, I don't mind only dreaming maybe once every month or two.

That's good. Also, sinking was meant to be 'so long' I hate this phone.

Root Beer
Group Admin

5411848 OH, I thought it was seeing.

Windigos are also often born of cannabalism. Its said if you devour the flesh of another, you may become one

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46