The Sunset Shimmer Appreciation Group 527 members · 610 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

So, when thanks to DrakeyC I discovered Sunset does a quick trip back to Equestria in Mirror Magic I HAD to see this short.
Even if the audio was in polish, but I just turned it off.

For itself, the short didn't tell me anything.
The scene where Sunset meets Starlight, though?
There are so many things wrong with it.
Like, I think I'll do an "Everything wrong with" this scene.

Ready?
[page_break]
First: Sunset goes back to Equestria because she's running short of pages with her journal. Which is cool, a lot of bronies were waiting for it. And, honestly, I'm glad it wasn't this super tense, life-changing, and dramatic moment that every writer was expecting. We already got plenty of fanfic writer that used that (including myself). One other thing that I liked is that she's going back to change the book, which is a huge slap in the face to all those stories with the plot "Sunset runs out of pages and she's stuck in the human world". Really, this was great.
So what's wrong with it?
It's the fact that she's taking the journal with herself!

Think about that, the reason the portal-machine works is because there is this link between the two journals as we saw in Rainbow Rocks. What do you think would happen if you bought the only link to the other dimension with you?
In the best case, the portal should have closed right behind her!
Come on, guys. Be more careful about details.

Second: Twilight asks Sunset to come visit to ditch her. I mean, yeah, Friendship emergency. Sure.
So, have Starlight instead.
I'm starting to give credit the speculations regards the writer just replacing Twilight with Starlight.

Third: Sunset looks... weird.
I mean, she's still cute as buck so don't worry. I actually hope to see more of her as a pony.
But there's just something... I don't know, it's the eyes? Did someone mess with her colors? Or was because of the fourth point?

Fourth: Sunset forgot how to be a pony.
I admit this was actually fun to watch but it still looked strange for a simple reason. If Sunset is having troubles now, why didn't she have any in the first movie? She had been away for way longer there!
Now, I know that she was a villain and we had to take her seriously and it's hard to take seriously a villain who trips, especially if it's the only reason why she get caught and her plan doesn't work in the end.

Yeah, like that.

D'ho!

Fifth: Sunset fails to grasp the book with one hoof.
Why? I mean, I get the joke but we've seen that ponies have prehensile hooves!
Did she forget how to... hoof-grapple? Again, strange.

Sixth: Sunset's magic is red.
Why?
We've already seen in the first movie that her color is... cyan? green? sea water? It's the same color as her eyes, OK?
After everything she went through, I could have assumed that her magic simply grew or matured and it became a new color.
But red is a terrible color for magic, darlings.

And with that, Sunset is done and goes back to the Human world... bringing Starlight along.
While I don't have anything against this, I also can't help but wonder how the mane 6 would feel about this.
I mean, they have been trying to sneak into the mirror with Twilight since the very beginning but Starlight gets to go just like that?
Come on man, that bulldung.

So... wanna talk about it?
Any of you disappointed about Sunset not having wings?
Comments are just there for that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1