Unity-verse 5 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Nova Arc
Group Admin

Got questions about the world of Unity? Their tech? Their past? What turned out different? Why? Reply with a question and receive an answer!

Frogmyre
Group Admin

Ah, yes, self-indulgent, but important question! Conduit ships. How much like airships are they? And is there one main fleet of them, are they spread out, or...?

Nova Arc
Group Admin

5212460 Conduit ships were one of the unique machines developed by Pegasi, very much like airships. Developed by Neikola Tesla, these unique airships have a system of rods, similar to the tesla coils, that act as lightning rods. Between every two rods is a "sail" made of copper, which increases the electricity absorbed at once. The energy is sent via a system of tubes into special containment cells far below deck. There are about eight major fleets in total, each one assigned to different regions, and several smaller, more localized ones, but the pride and joy is the 4th Nimbus Fleet, led by the mighty Mjolnir; fitted with over fifty rods and several hundred feet of copper in its sails, it is easily the greatest of all, being able to absorb all the lightning from a nation-wide thunderstorm and the only ship that has every withstood the wild storms of the badlands and returned with less than half its body damaged! It's truly legendary.

Frogmyre
Group Admin

Neighkola Tesla

Mjolnir

Well, I love this AU even more now. And, quite frankly, that's pretty cool! ... I'm a big fan of the Pegasi in this AU, I'll say now.

Another question: Exactly when did this AU split from main MLP canon?

Nova Arc
Group Admin

5212629 ... In many places.:applejackconfused: First off, there are a few wars that happened here but not in canon, like the war between Ponies and Dragons (unless you count previous generations) and the minor scuffle between Pegasi and Griffins. In addition was the technological revolution it underwent over time, which is way greater than what happened in canon. Finally, the story takes place quite a few years later, where Mane 6 and Spike are now pretty much legendary, Twilight has settled a bit more into her position as an Alicorn princess and viceroy of Unity City, and several races have been welcomed into the Equestrian Republic with open arms... legs... you get what I mean.:derpytongue2:

Frogmyre
Group Admin

Hm! This brings up a question, another one I think you suggested: How much of MLP actually happened in this AU? As in, Nightmare Moon, the Gala, all those important events.

Nova Arc
Group Admin

5212661 All of it happened, but a bit differently. For major events (finales and premiers):

- Fight with Nightmare Moon was a bit tougher than what we saw and had all six taking her on at once.
- Discord was... relatively the same.
- Chrysalis' attack was fairly similar, but she didn't just attack with Changelings; she also attacked with Vespers; special automatons she created and tested during that attack (aside from getting blown half-way across the continent, it was generally a success).
- Sombra's attack was a lot more vicious as he attacked with an army of undead Umbrum and Crystal Ponies.
- Alicorn ascension and healing the Tree of Harmony was pretty much the same.
- Fight with Tirek was still there... but more explosions, more hits, more magic booms, and more explosions!
- Tree (Friendship) Castle still there (now the center of Unity City)
- Starlight thing still happened more or less the same, both the Equality Town and time travel loop
- Great Freeze was also similar, but in addition was a time where industrial sabotage, looting, etc. started getting out of control
- All the Galas happened the same as canon

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7