Comments ( 56 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 56
Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

I had earlier two pretty good ideas abaut how to affect us as characters during our adventure.

First is pretty exotic. What would happen if we had gone to the human world through Twilight's Mirror? We'll end up as humans on the other side but I think we'll be ponyfied again when re-entering the pony world once again and possibly not as the race we were at the beggining. Like I was a hippogryffin at the beggining but emerged back from the mirror as a dragonpony, a gryffon, changeling or a crytal pony. And to fix that you just have to re-enter the mirror and eventually you'll emerge as whtever species you want to be. It's a good idea to use it as a way to re-spec ourselves to fit the actual cirkumstamces in later stages and once we'll have a collection of those mirrors and using them to teleport from one of our hideouts to the next.

The other idea is more-or-less a reminder abaut the realistic showing out of our species. The team's changeling would at some point start starve for love and I as a hippogryphon would need meat to survive. I kindda had an idea on how to implement that. Our first cathering place will propably be Sweet Apple Acress and knowing my luck I'll inherit a distaste for apples from my gryffic side. After a few days of stuffing myself with wheat products or other neutral pony food (I'm still half-pony) and my gut's voilent reaction to most sweet fruit, I would have enought and occasinally split out from the team to hunt down some rat or rabbit (aaannnngeeeelllll). I would be too embarrased to tell anyone abaut this but it'll will get out due to the smell of rotten meat from my uncleaned beak... man, that reasembles reality in at least few ways.

Kryssi
Group Admin

First idea:
The human world… I’ll confess I’m not a fan of EQG, so I may be biased in this regard. What’s stopping us from just becoming alicorns and singlehoofedly ending every fight we encounter? It sounds too overpowered to me.

Second idea:
Starving for love? Solution: coerce The Gang to kiss me regularly, of course!

Jokes aside, as long as the team’s friendship doesn’t devolve into bitter disputes, the changeling character (that’d be me, wouldn’t it?) wouldn’t have any problems with staying full. Love doesn’t have to be romantic love, after all. Examples: motherly love, the love of one’s baking, the general attachment towards a good friend… any affection-like emotion, even passive, really.

And about the bitter disputes part: The Gang falls apart at some point in time, and ends up splitting into pairs (à la the first Chrysalis arc in the comics) due to disagreements with what place to go next. As you said, I starve for love somewhere in the story plot. By desperation, I take a trip to small villages, and discreetly drain the emotions out of ponies, effectively turning them into emotionless husks. Maybe I’ll “gift” some of them to you so you’ve got a source of meat? Are hippogriff(ons) similar enough to the three tribes for this act to be considered cannibalism?

I would have enought and occasinally split out from the team to hunt down some rat or rabbit (aaannnngeeeelllll).

This would be utterly devastating. :fluttercry:

Though I’ve got a good way to fit it in with the story: say, when you’re consuming Angel’s innards, you get caught in the act by Fluttershy. While she mourns Angel for weeks without end, the rest of the Mane 6 banishes you personally from Ponyville. Since The Gang can’t work without every member in it, due to each of our special abilities contributing to the team as a whole, we decide to take regular adventures throughout Equestria instead, kickstarting the later arcs. This would make most sense right after the first arc, since Ponyville and Sweet Apple Acre’s close by to the old castle.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

5232666 5233064
I disagree with some of this.:ajbemused:

S.W.B.

Kryssi
Group Admin

5233181 What do you disagree with? :applejackunsure:

Well Geboren
Group Admin

I can not say laddie, I just got a vibe on a few points that said wrong or that it shouldn't happen, that's all I can say for myself.

S.W.B. P.S. Sorry for being sort, I just don't feel like going into long expo's on thing's right now.:ajsleepy:

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5233064 1. Simple, our connection to the Elements of Harmony isn't enought to make us assend. Also, we can edit the EQG world quite a lot, maybe take the casual reality?

Actually having SWB assend would be a good ending for the whole series.

2. You can only count on hugs from me, unless you change gender. You'll have to find a special somepony really damn quick as casual friendship would keep you afloat but not healthy, not to mentation you'll have to get power for magics and disguises.

I meant the cannibalism part more like a momentary insanity where I desecrate a few fresh graves and try to cook a Derpy soup but then I get a pan to the back of the head, forget the addicting taste of pony meat and the whole thing is dusted under the rug to not get me murdered by an angry mob who searches for a necromancer. (And a mule is blamed for it afterwards)
After I confess the need for meat I would regularily hunt and get good at finding insect larvae and fishing. Why the heck I would go and become a half-cannibal once again?

Trying to eat angel doesn't mean I'll get him. Maybe his corpse when he kicks the bucket in a year or two. But alive - I'm not entirely fond of becoming the enemy of the state. We want the story to be T-rated and still feel like MLP, abait with some darker additions and interpretations.

5233194 Chryssy had gone a few steps too far. Because srsly - HUSKING A WHOLE DAMN VILLAGE!? That would be a death sentence for the whole our guild and I also think that draining somepony will make him regain his mind after a week or two. Because how would you explain Shinging Armour's full recovery? (Now, Cadance quickened the process but not was causing it)

Kryssi
Group Admin

2. You can only count on hugs from me, unless you change gender. You'll have to find a special somepony really damn quick as casual friendship would keep you afloat but not healthy, not to mentation you'll have to get power for magics and disguises.

Aw. :fluttershysad:

I beg to differ about the special somepony part: being close friends would still be enough, since the positive emotions would be directed at me (making it more potent). Don’t forget that changelings can absorb emotions that aren’t directed at the changeling as well. If it weren’t for these, I’ll die of starvation pretty early…

Chryssy had gone a few steps too far. Because srsly - HUSKING A WHOLE DAMN VILLAGE!?

Remember The Return of Queen Chrysalis? Because I don’t think having an entire village of cat-things trapped in cocoons is much better. Nor is Chrysalis murdering (implied, but heavily implied) one of the cat-things in front of the Crusaders.

Also, I never said the entire villages. Just one or two from each. :trollestia:

WIth all seriousness, I may have been a bit too NC-17 on that, so here’s an alternative: eventually I get hungry on emotions while travelling, and take excursions to passively absorb the emotions around Ponyville/whatever happens to be the closest town. Maybe at some point I’ll even meet a few changelings living as ponies, who can offer some of the emotions they have stored.

I’d also like to add to the Love doesn’t have to be romantic part of my comment: I found that in Greek, there are four types of love: agápe - unconditional love, especially between man and God; éros - romantic/intimate love; storge - familial love, like from a parent towards one’s offspring; and philia - love between friends (i.e. friendship). There isn’t any true reason why I’m mentioning this, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5233314 On the bright side - Le me gives many hugs and augments the positive emotion output by brofists. You won't be that holey with us.

So you would essencially spend a few hours a day in Ponyville to absorb emotions from the background. I wonder how it will look like in the Crystal Empire.
-----------------------------------
Cat things are one thing but Ponies are another. As far as we know they're inteligent animals and can be counted as such. Non-sentient.

You Psyco! :pinkiecrazy:

Changeling Party. Queen Pinkie Approves! :pinkiesmile:
------------------------
Huh, nice fact.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

Oh, and by the way - I want to make a thread abaut how each of us progresses in the storyline in terms of almost literal evolution. In that I want to speculate, advise or introduce some ideas on how we would essencially become a nail-eating deathsquad that can survive the stuff we'll be taking on in the late instalments. Let's start this: :rainbowdetermined2:

-I know that I'll start as a hippogryffon but then switch to a dragonpony via the interdimensional mirror. (becuase then I'll be actually be able to take the ranged punishment I'll be dealing with as the sole flying target on the team)

-Then will be Chryssy who from a mostly casual drone could become a Queen turored by the orginal Chrysalis herself once we pacyfy her and put in a prison hold. (I count on Chryssy to spawn a few drones who would help as minions, I wouldn't be alone in the sky and I belive Chyssy would avoid open confict, as much as exposing herself as an airborn target - beeing an opportunist who waits for a moment to strike and later be the comander that picks targets to swarm with her squad.)

-Well Borne. I would love to see you to assend in the later parts of the story. You started the whole thing and I concider you to be the leader. Alicornism would suit you and keep in line with our powers as you would spend the least time to actually learn to controll those abilities, so you wouldn't be as overpowered.

-With Nova Arc there is an easy way. He starts off as a unicorn with lighting abilities, so he only needs to become a professional. Start a highschool when we reach Canterlot and then maybe Celestia gives him a few lessons, so he'll be the Twilight Sparkle of thunder. Elementalist of Storms would be incredibly useful to fill our hole in the team in terms of apocalyptic spellcasters and anti-air artylery. It may sound like I only want to keep my claws clean but seriously - I'm a bomber, not an incereptor and I can't save my feathered little behind from a platoon of angry pegasi/batponies/changelings/an airship/etc., not to mentation that saving your behinds then becomes even more impossible.

I don't know abaut Ponyness and the rest. And I don't have any perticular ideas...

Kryssi
Group Admin

Cat things are one thing but Ponies are another. As far as we know they're inteligent animals and can be counted as such. Non-sentient.

Again, I beg to differ.

So you would essencially spend a few hours a day in Ponyville to absorb emotions from the background. I wonder how it will look like in the Crystal Empire.

It will be glorious. If the heart-shaped glowing thing in the middle of the empire—powered by the crystal ponies’ happiness, or some other positive, magical emotion—doesn’t give it away, I’d be cretinous, not chitinous.

Love in the mares. Love in the air. Love in the Empire: everywhere.

Then will be Chryssy who from a mostly casual drone could become a Queen turored by the orginal Chrysalis herself once we pacyfy her and put in a prison hold.

I can’t imagine Chrysalis being that nice. Reformed? Possible. But becoming a tutor? Not unless she gets hypnotised, by a certain Discord, perhaps? She wouldn’t have any reason to tutor me, other than manipulating me into sabotaging Equestria.

As for becoming a queen, simply becoming one at some point in the story by passing through a magic mirror frankly cheapens the concept of changeling queens. A more interesting path would be “earn” it by proving my worth as a potential changeling queen (I’ll go with queen instead of king) by going through challenges. It’d be a parallel to how Twilight had to earn her alicornhood by… uhh… pioneering in the field of friendship magic? Wreaking havoc on Elements of Harmony and undoing the damage? I’m still figuring out what made Twilight earn her wings.

I belive Chyssy would avoid open confict, as much as exposing herself as an airborn target - beeing an opportunist who waits for a moment to strike and later be the comander that picks targets to swarm with her squad.)

Taking changelings’ advantage of shapeshifting, I can also deal with espionage and infiltrating the enemy slowly, given enough drones. The latter will depend on the nature of the enemy, of course: taking over an army of mercenaries from the inside would be successful, while it would be next to impossible to have a drone infiltrate a small clique of skilled fighters.

In situations where infiltration isn’t practical, this method would be easier, especially in a battle situation: have a group of drones shapeshift into their enemies, pretend to fight alongside the enemies, then doublecross, killing the enemies behind their own shields.

Start a highschool when we reach Canterlot and then maybe Celestia gives [Nova Arc] a few lessons, so he'll be the Twilight Sparkle of thunder.

Wait, Celestia? That was completely from left field. :rainbowhuh:

Other than that, the blurb on Nova’s good—all we need is for Nova to look at it and make any changes he needs to make. Or maybe he has a different OC in mind; it’s hard to tell since he hasn’t posted anything here yet.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5234872 I remember the village. You're right - they got to be sentient if they can create art. Then again there is also the point that the Changelings are permanently stationing on their formerer village and the bugs gonna eat, so my point is proven - the cats even while drained are slowly recovering love but it's gathered by the changeling garnison. An effective occupation. We could free them sometime in our adventure...

...Or Cadance makes you an account on MyCrystalHeart and you'll so overfed that you'll be as shiny as the ponies around you.

We're having her in chains&shakles. And she wouldn't say no to a changeling. Propably think you're sheming something and that the general changelingdom will benefit from it. Bacause Changelings can trust each other, right?

Actually I go for the cheap evolution. You figure something worthy of a royal. I would only sugest a following mechanic: you wil start showing symptoms of becoming a Queen but you have to do a test of sorts and if not - you will die due to your body not beeing able to take the strain of a prolonged changeing. Like the process would take abaut 6 months.

...and swarm single enemies when exposed. That would look awesome to have like 4-5 drones swarm a pegasus, so he's flailing around in the air completely covered in the buggers. Priceless 11/10 IGN

Nova is one of the people who entered the group but didn't invest nothing in it yet. He could be chatting with Borne abaut stuff as far as I know.

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

I would be too embarrased to tell anyone abaut this but it'll will get out due to the smell of rotten meat from my uncleaned beak... man, that reasembles reality in at least few ways.

Uh... Do you normally eat rotten meat with a beak, or is this just about birds?

Though I’ve got a good way to fit it in with the story: say, when you’re consuming Angel’s innards, you get caught in the act by Fluttershy. While she mourns Angel for weeks without end, the rest of the Mane 6 banishes you personally from Ponyville. Since The Gang can’t work without every member in it, due to each of our special abilities contributing to the team as a whole, we decide to take regular adventures throughout Equestria instead, kickstarting the later arcs. This would make most sense right after the first arc, since Ponyville and Sweet Apple Acre’s close by to the old castle.

Hehehehe, yes. Angel Bunny's demise will be used to kickstart the plot of the story! Halfway through, we can expect a visit from revenge Fluttershy, who will destroy the party through cheap and effective strategies, yes. :pinkiecrazy:

I meant the cannibalism part more like a momentary insanity where I desecrate a few fresh graves and try to cook a Derpy soup but then I get a pan to the back of the head, forget the addicting taste of pony meat and the whole thing is dusted under the rug to not get me murdered by an angry mob who searches for a necromancer. (And a mule is blamed for it afterwards)

I read "desecrate" as "defecate". Four in afternoon, and it's still too early.

Trying to eat angel doesn't mean I'll get him. Maybe his corpse when he kicks the bucket in a year or two. But alive - I'm not entirely fond of becoming the enemy of the state. We want the story to be T-rated and still feel like MLP, abait with some darker additions and interpretations.

That's good. I'm not really specced for long walks through dense woods, hiding, and fighting government officials that come hunting for me. Physical fitness is hard, so I take the easy way out: lift weights.

I’d also like to add to the Love doesn’t have to be romantic part of my comment: I found that in Greek, there are four types of love: agápe - unconditional love, especially between man and God; éros - romantic/intimate love; storge - familial love, like from a parent towards one’s offspring; and philia - love between friends (i.e. friendship). There isn’t any true reason why I’m mentioning this, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

We could use this, actually. What if philia was the lowest stage of love, and gave changelings the least amount of energy. As the stage increases, so does the energy.

I had an idea for Chrysalis essentially being a god-queen of the Changelings - which could explain a lot of her power - but I'm not sure changelings are capable of love. Even then, the idea would be largely redundant, because (I guess) we already established that Chrysalis was an alicorn, with all the attached perks.

I don't know abaut Ponyness and the rest. And I don't have any perticular ideas...

I don't think there's much call for an English teacher or a research scientist on the team. If I had to explain my character in D&D terms, I'd probably be a "Face Rogue" - basically a Rogue that put all his points into CHA, instead of DEX. It's fitting, I think.
That was me, forgetting that SPECIAL is a Fallout thing, and that SCoDWICh is D&D.

As for becoming a queen, simply becoming one at some point in the story by passing through a magic mirror frankly cheapens the concept of changeling queens. A more interesting path would be “earn” it by proving my worth as a potential changeling queen (I’ll go with queen instead of king) by going through challenges. It’d be a parallel to how Twilight had to earn her alicornhood by… uhh… pioneering in the field of friendship magic? Wreaking havoc on Elements of Harmony and undoing the damage? I’m still figuring out what made Twilight earn her wings.

I agree: if magical metamorphosis costs five bits and a few minutes, then being an alicorn or a queen is only worth the time (and monetary) investment.

I'd like to think that Twilight got her wings by fixing her own accident, for once.

...Or Cadance makes you an account on MyCrystalHeart and you'll so overfed that you'll be as shiny as the ponies around you.

Alternatively, you could use the Equestrian version of Tinder. Or some hook-up site. I don't think they have internet, though...

Actually I go for the cheap evolution. You figure something worthy of a royal. I would only sugest a following mechanic: you wil start showing symptoms of becoming a Queen but you have to do a test of sorts and if not - you will die due to your body not beeing able to take the strain of a prolonged changeing. Like the process would take abaut 6 months.

It's nature's way of saying "succeed, or die". Sounds like Chinese parents, a little bit.

Nova is one of the people who entered the group but didn't invest nothing in it yet. He could be chatting with Borne abaut stuff as far as I know.

The big players in the forum so far are you, me, Ponyess, S.W.B., and Chryssi.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5235524 A gryphon has a beak. Later I changed it to teeth because I remembered I'm doing hippogryphon after all. It didn't save apparently.

Technicly I don't belive the little devil could be caught alive. That's why I would never really get him.

And have pony Stalin on our backs...

Contary's special ability:

Why does evryone assume I want evryone to become something greater via the mirror? It's something I wanted for me and me alone and even then it's only a re-configuartion of what I would be - I'm giving up on speed for size and durability.

XD you aware it was a methaphor? I hope so...

Well, I would strugge to call you a big player but possibly we just hang out on the other sides of the forum and we don't see each other as much.

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

A gryphon has a beak. Later I changed it to teeth because I remembered I'm doing hippogryphon after all. It didn't save apparently.

I guesso.

Technicly I don't belive the little devil could be caught alive. That's why I would never really get him.

Aye, but he can be caught, laddie. Just do what ol' Ahab did, and ye'll have yer white rabbit. :raritywink:

And have pony Stalin on our backs...

I prefer pony Trottsky, but Stalin works too. Best case scenario, we get pony Kim Jong-un.

Hee-hee! :yay:

Why does evryone assume I want evryone to become something greater via the mirror? It's something I wanted for me and me alone and even then it's only a re-configuartion of what I would be - I'm giving up on speed for size and durability.

If it isn't a problem, why not just be a dragon-pony from the start? But alright, I'll drop it. I don't think pure ponies would change anyway. Maybe there could be one unicorn that knows a spell to turn things into other things; that would allow people to reset and respec their characters, should they find being a bonehead, a featherbrain, or a mud pony distasteful. :trollestia:

XD you aware it was a methaphor? I hope so...

Metaphor for what? I'll grant you, it is a funny joke, but I'm not sure it's reached metaphor status. Then again, I suck at interpreting metaphors.

Well, I would strugge to call you a big player but possibly we just hang out on the other sides of the forum and we don't see each other as much.

I keep to my one or two threads, pretty much, but I get on here often enough.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

Nah, I would do this Dratewka style - a carrot stuffed with sulflur and tar. If the Legendary Bootmaker took down the dragon this way, tbe little hellspawn should take it as well...

It's Iron Feliks Curtain to you!

Evryone just nucking wants me to be a hippogryffon and I want it too. But then again I want to be a dragonpony as well. Both provide massive opportunities for jokes and gags... deciding between the two in outright impossible. And becoming a dragonpony later in the story while starting out as a hippogryffin is taking both options at once. And look that at the beggining we're mostly normal individuals,, so the crazy Overpowered stuff comes only later on. Stuff like Dragonpony who would never fit to the starting squad as someone too powerful. The only other way of becoming a dragonpony out of a hippogryffon would be getting affected by a de-evoluton sickness that would backtrack my bird genes back to lizard ones.
*Don't forget abaut other pinheads. :raritywink:

I meant it as introducing Cryssi to the Crystal Heart as a 'new citzen' to give him/her love and crystalisation while in the Empire.

I am present at most threads.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

I prefer pony Trottsky, but Stalin works too. Best case scenario, we get pony Kim Jong-un.

Evrything would be better than pony nazis! They would make glue and horse soap outta us!

Oh, fu- Where is my Wzór 35?! It's Rapevenge Time!

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

But if you did that, you probably couldn't eat the rabbit. Just use the holy hand grenade of Antioch.

Iron Curtain sounds like the most badass (probably) earth pony to ever live.

Okay, now that it's laid out there, I get it.

Those were all racial slurs. Boneheads, because unicorns have horns. Featherbrains, because wings. Mud pony. Because...it's a mean thing to say? :rainbowderp:

Now that you've explained it, I see the metaphor.

Das coo'. Being present in a lot of threads means you know a lot about what's going on in all of them.

Huh. There are pony nazis? Ponazis?

Cute, too. It's a shame most of them were heartless bastards.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5235897 XD I am willing to try the spicy bunny. :pinkiecrazy:

I agree, toważiszu! :eeyup:

I rather expected pinheads instead of boneheads. Is more annoying.

:twilightsheepish:

Well, they're Earth Pony supremacists. I don't like unicorns too but the rest is okay.
I wanted to put an image of her beeing raped without end but that would be over the top - several times.

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

I don't like unicorns too but the rest is okay.

Oh. Oohhh.

Oh.

Shit. :twilightoops:
That's a little unfortunate, since I'm probably going to be a unicorn.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5236495 I just think that Unicorn = OP and the biggest procentage of psycopaths in pony society are unicorns. And then there is the unicorn aristocracy... but overally it's nothing personal.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

Once again something to add: I could get without the species switch but I need a late-game buff. Each of us has a goal of self-improvement to work upon ourselves. I have to admit, it sounds as the opposide of me; I resist any kind of change and evolution. Not to mentation I find it to be a weabo thing.

But then it struck me how to name this mission: personal quest. Quest. As in literally a journey. I'm thinking abaut a pilgrimage to the Equus equivalent of Europe and get a blessing of an alicorn that rules over Pony Poland. Because I'm patriotic like that. Polana would buff both my Pony, as well Gryffic side as Poneland is in my headcannon a pony-gryphon mixed country with it's ruler beeing of both species. That could work pretty well considering I can throw in a shitload of folklore, like visit Baba Jaga or help to quell a kossack uprisking. Damn. The possibilities!

Imagine this fat clump to be ponyfied. Guess how effective my explosives be there?

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

No, you're pretty much right on all points. Just replace "psychopath" with "sociopath", and I'd fit in with the rest. Well, except for the aristocracy part. That's where my cynicism, which drives my sociopathy, comes from.

To be fair, you can't expect peasants armed with pitchforks to know much about military tactics. It might take a few grenades for them to realize that your oddly-shaped, green rocks don't need to hit anything to do damage.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Much much batter,:pinkiehappy: I can see where you lot where going now buuuut........

-Then will be Chryssy who from a mostly casual drone could become a Queen turored by the orginal Chrysalis herself once we pacyfy her and put in a prison hold. (I count on Chryssy to spawn a few drones who would help as minions,

Chryssi is a guy, so I think you mean a prince.

-Well Borne. I would love to see you to assend in the later parts of the story.

Ack-am Well, I'm honored, but I will not be ascending anytime soon laddie; I like being an earth pony. But for a quick fact, I point you ta look up "Celtic magic, Wight droid." I believe there ta be some tricks up my sleeves that only I know.:pinkiesmile::moustache:

Also, ya ever read "Five score, Diveded..... >>computer Blinks out at 1:00 AM on Sunday<<< Gah, you stupid ignorant in-considering non-understanding gremlin ug!!!!!!!

Ack-am Sorry for the late reply, the you know who put a time restriction on me. No matter, talk to you soon.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5237535 You don't know what a cossack is then. They're an Eastern European Brotherhood/Proffesion that was created by the ukrainian peasentry to counter mongol tribes and raid the ottoman empire. And considering this is a way of live for multiple generatons, they got quite good at fighting. And they employ tactics as each mob has a so-called Cossack Officer - an ex-militaryman that generes from the Cossacks, but served in a proffesional army of eather Poland or Russia, so he can guide a mob that becomes a true butcherforce with him. And when an Ataman (High rank of officer) is on the field - God save us all!

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5237889 I used the closest figurative term as he said somewhere that he was considering beeing the opposite gender in the story. Also: that's good. Chryssy-guy could also charm Chrysalis into teaching him the Royal Lore of Bugz.

Well, at least you specyficated "Celtic". You don't want to know what I do to Wandal WoodShamans... But aside that - what abaut becoming one With the Everfree Forest in a Union-With-Nature mode as your endgame? That or you could become a timber-werewolf of sorts. We have a ton of ideas now.

I never really read that kind of stories. I think they're on the border of beeing random and that's not my type.

Maybe try to invest in some guardian trolls?

They sure need a job.

Kryssi
Group Admin

The moment you mentioned ‘account’ I imagined it as this:

Welcome, [b]Chryssi[/b], to your Crystal Heart account. Your love balance is: [b]like, pretty much infinity, seriously[/b] Would you like to make a withdrawal (yes/no)? >

Out of curiosity, in what you’re proposing, will the evolution still be via the mirror?

I’m thinking of this: the imprisoned Chrysalis, via hypnosis or by drugging, can reveal some details about changelings, providing a nice opportunity for exposition and the expulsion of changeling lore. Among the details she reveals is the secret spell to a spell (that only Chrysalis knew, obviously) that can ascend changeling drones into royalty. Although the changeling ascension spell works, there’s still the almost-death experience you proposed, where I have to prove through tests/challenges that I can physically and mentally handle being royalty.

We could use this, actually. What if philia was the lowest stage of love, and gave changelings the least amount of energy. As the stage increases, so does the energy.

You know that feeling when there’s something so obvious that you end up surprised you didn’t connect the dots? Well, I’m getting that feeling right now. It makes a lot of sense.

[throwing hat like a boomerang]

Very fitting.

The worst atrocity that the pony Nazis committed was the production of jelly. (the stuff made from gelatin, not jam)

Kryssi
Group Admin

5237889 5237943 Yeah, the usage of ‘queen’ instead of ‘king’/‘prince’ was deliberate, considering the matriarchy throughout the show.

Borne - I remember that your blog post back from when this group started states that “You must be honest with yourself when writing your ponysona/selfinsert.” Does this also apply to the sex/gender, or is it possible to be the opposite sex?

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5237981 I always imagined that the Crystal Heart is an aritfact with an actual inteligence operating it. A Computer inteligence. That what you just conjured before me there is strangely in line of what I imagine. Just said in a woman's voice by the heart.

Not. The transformation would be independant from the mirror. And I kindda started to drift from the idea of the species change. But if I had to point out a reason of you assending, I would say it's because you entered the world as an independant changeling without a hive, so your body thought your race is extinct and started to morph you into a Royal to rebuild the species. That would make even too much sence.

You just at some point will wake up and notice that you start growing hair, etc. We're at this point frends with the Princesses and they know what happens, because they know changelings living in Equestria independantly from the Swarm. Then the 6-month-or-perish test periode takes place and even later you will get to know the Royal Secrets after we subdue chrysalis and put her in a compfy, stone cell. That is my orginal idea.

Hypnosis? Drugging? Expose her to Pinkie Pie and after 20 minutes she'll be singing like a bird.

Your idea is kindda late-game stuff. I would want to have you as a Royal already in the mid-game, so you could gradually learn to use the King's abilities throught time + there is also the time needed for the transformatinon... It's a longer thing, propably streaching through several stories preferably... Getting the metamorphosis done soon is a good idea, so when we actually need you, you'll be fully activated in terms of your abilities.

IKR! XD

INITATE REPEATER HAT CANNON!!!!

That's all what I have to say on the subject:

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Just look up droidic magic, or wight droid to learn more about it.

Yes it does, although, one may get hit by a spell and get a gender change if they wish. So long as it's in the latter latter arcs of the story, the idea creeps me out a bit.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5238018 I know what a druid is. We all are nerds/geeks here. And a pony skilled in Lore of the Wilds is always welcome to have around.
Also: fix your word auto-correct. Because it shows 20% too much Star Wars. :rainbowlaugh:

Well Geboren
Group Admin

I am of the force laddie, what can thee expect.:moustache::ajsmug:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5238104 I expect you to answer me truely: Disney new canon or Expanded Universe Canon? Also - fave Star Wars Era(s)?

Well Geboren
Group Admin

The expanded cannon, and I love-em all, but I haven't seen two of them.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5238342 Okay. And the Era part?

Well Geboren
Group Admin

I got the first one with the Anicen in the pod race, then I'm missing the two after it; and I got the other three with Luke.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5238393 Like I feared. You don't know much abaut the Expanded Universe and such. You're an enthusiast. You don't know half of it, so I'll just list the eras and just pick one:
Ancient Force Era - Sith Era - First Republic Era - Sith Wars - - Clone Wars - Dark Times - Galactic Civil War - New Republic Era - Yuuzang Vong Occupation - Legalcy Era - Sith-Imperial-Republic War.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Drat, your right on that laddie, but I dare to say I know the force; just not the complete history behind it.

S.W.B.

Kryssi
Group Admin

5238018 I meant being myself as female from the get-go; the idea of sex changes isn’t my (idiomatic, I’m not even the slightest bit British) cup of tea either. ‘Get-go’ being from when I become royalty, since if I recall correctly drones are genderless. I see where the confusion stems from, though.

I always imagined that the Crystal Heart is an aritfact with an actual inteligence operating it. A Computer inteligence. That what you just conjured before me there is strangely in line of what I imagine. Just said in a woman's voice by the heart.

Well, maybe without the bank balances and withdrawals—I reckon that’s a bit silly. :derpytongue2:

I’m thinking this: The positive emotions from every crystal pony within the Empire would still be used to keep the Empire protected from eternal winter and the crystal ponies dying from frigid hypothermia, but the spare love from the crystal ponies would simply leak into the air, allowing any changeling to literally absorb it from the love-saturated air. The Crystal Heart would still have a conscience, but it’s not interacted with in the story much, as it’d usually only be Cadance who would manage and communicate with the Crystal Heart. Maybe not like an actual computer—the Crystal Heart would have something like a ‘soul’, an ageless sapient being within the inanimate Crystal Heart, created in times long gone to protect the Crystal Empire from the elements—but I know what you mean.

Question: if the Crystal Heart had a consciousness, would it have ‘died’ when it was shattered in the Season 6 opener? Since I think the intelligence is a soul, it could be that the soul is still alive, but outside its own ‘host’, in this case the Crystal Heart. Another possibility is that the Crystal Heart just died for real, and got resurrected.

That's all what I have to say on the subject:
[image]

;P

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5238948 I just hope you're one of the sensible people who stand with the Old Canon Expanded Universe, not the Disney Copy-Paste monster.

5239469 I have the same stance on tge love leak, with a small detail: The Heart still has abit of control over the leaked stuff and is passively blocking it's absorption by Changelings (because what would happened if Chrysalis arrived) and that's why you need an allowance. A Licence to Love (L.o.L.), so to say... :ajsmug:

Actually yes, but the Heart funcions like a brain. When it was shattered, the inteligence inside stopped working but it survived in copies inside the shards. When it was put together again it was like before in each way.

Don't forget to check my new post, you two. :raritywink:

Kryssi
Group Admin

Actually yes, but the Heart funcions like a brain. When it was shattered, the inteligence inside stopped working but it survived in copies inside the shards. When it was put together again it was like before in each way.

So not like a soul, and more like a machine, then?

I have the same stance on tge love leak, with a small detail: The Heart still has abit of control over the leaked stuff and is passively blocking it's absorption by Changelings (because what would happened if Chrysalis arrived) and that's why you need an allowance. A Licence to Love (L.o.L.), so to say...

With love leaking into the air, I’m having trouble thinking how the love released from the Crystal Heart can be blocked for some changelings but not others.

In any case, there’d be an arrangement with Cadance about the feeding of course: in exchange for free love, I (and my possible future hive) will not provoke any attack with Equestria and its allies. It sounds like a pretty unfavourable agreement for the Crystal Empire, which is purely because I’m stumped for ideas.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5239541 Hard to tell really. It's a contained inteligence and it develops over time. But to have a soul... not obviously, so if it has a soul - it hides it.

Remember the Love Bubble of Doom from the Wedding? It's the same form of Love - the harsh kind.

... Unless the Empire already has a population of converted changelings as citzens and loyal to the Princesses. Which is highly propable.

Kryssi
Group Admin

At least a few exiles, likely.

And I thought of a solution for this:

With love leaking into the air, I’m having trouble thinking how the love released from the Crystal Heart can be blocked for some changelings but not others.

The Crystal Heart is connected to all the crystal ponies by the crystal paths (the ones that light up cyan - example), Surprisingly, the process in which the Crystal Heart obtains the crystal ponies’ love is similar to changelings, in that it absorbs positive emotions like love through the crystal paths, and converts this into some type of magic. This magic is used by the Crystal Heart to protect the Empire from the Frozen North, yada-yada-yada.

These crystal paths also have a conduit going away from the Crystal Heart. Trusted changelings (as determined by Cadance) can access any excess emotions through this—but only excess, separated by the main flow. This is to ensure that a changeling cannot, accidentally or intentionally, suck up all of the emotions and plunge the Empire into hypothermia.

In short, the crystal paths are like a conduit for emotion flow.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5239622 I like this. I really like this! But I would rather see the cyan paths to be used only to suck emotion to the heart, not the other way around because in revise it can only do the protecting spell as a gigantic spell matrix. So the resident Changelings need to visit the Heart once per day, with the Heart recognising them and rationalising the emotional magic.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Ah well, just make your self a droid then. If I remember my bee's right, it would be a good choice.

I haven't even watch said copy-Paste monster as you call it, and with what I hear, I'l be sticking to the old'es.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5240092 A Sweetie Bot on the team. (sarcastic) Lovely.

Good. So you just never got much into the books and comics then. Now I know on 100% who you are according to Star Wars: a Passionate.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Thank you, and no ya dang bird brain, a droid is a male bee that services the queen to make more bee's; mostly drone's.:moustache:

S.W.B.

Kryssi
Group Admin

5241286 Sweetie Belle mode activated.

A droid (from the word ‘android’) is a robot that looks like a human being, while a drone is a male bee or wasp.

Last time I checked, I’m pretty sure I’m not a robot—I passed all those CAPTCHAs perfectly!

Well Geboren
Group Admin

5241432 5241337
I face hoof at my own idiocy :facehoof: Dang nab-it all, lowers hoof just enough to look at dragon I'm an engineer, not a biologist:ajbemused:; or at least not to the degree that I don't make mistakes like this. :unsuresweetie:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5241551 Actually I want to study biology. But in polish, so don't blame me abaut not making the connecrion.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 56