Writer Support 254 members · 942 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I should introduce myself. I have long gone by the internet alias of XD-385, although circumstances years back resulted in my current account carrying a username that is topical to my works. A pleasure to meet you all.

My history on this site is long. My first contributions to the fandom started back in July of 2011 shortly after I became immersed in MLP FiM right at the start. My flagship story has been continuing since that time, a decade-spanning series that is still going strong to this day. The Lost Element is my magnum opus on this site and I have always prioritized respecting the original message and tone of the show, resulting in a growing extended universe that includes a prequel, sequel currently in waiting, and a slew of spin-offs with many more in the pipeline. I have always taken my work very seriously and seek to maintain its quality in the long run and now stands at nearly 3 million words at time of writing. More than anything, I strive to be as respectful as possible to the show’s original intentions.

But over the past years, viewership and feedback of my works have become increasingly sparse and it both bewilders and frustrates me. Especially for the main story under my account. There have been longer and shorter stories that have garnered a much wider audience, with some being brazenly disrespectful towards what MLP FiM stood for despite this. I have stuck to my guns for years, maintaining my love and respect for MLP FiM’s original message while building upon it in a way that has garnered praise from those who have taken the time to read through the series despite my refusal to pander to the base by slavishly sticking to late show canon.

Any artist knows how demoralizing it is to spend hours, maybe days or weeks, on a project that is of respectable quality and end up receiving next to no feedback on the results. I understand artists that are deceased tend to gain a much wider audience, but I refuse to wait until I’m in my grave before I receive feedback that my works likely deserve.

I desire feedback and commentary more than anything by this point. What I’m doing right. What I’m doing wrong. What the standout moments of a chapter are. What could stand to be improved upon. The characters that steal the show. Characters that need to be expanded upon and suggestions on how to do so. Feedback is what makes uploading a new chapter worth it and it is a joy when I read a detailed comment from a reader who is happy to see the story continue. As rare as that has become.

All I can do now is upload my works to as many relevant groups as possible and pray that someone will notice and have something to say about them. Any story that’s being going on as long as mine, with The Lost Element likely being the single longest running story in the entire fandom, must surely be worth a read especially when it continues to carry MLP FiM’s original meaning along the way. The best adaptations are those that respect and understand the source material, right?

I’m looking for any feedback I can get and I appreciate anyone who has the time and interest to investigate anything uploaded to my account. To everyone who takes the time to get invested, I hope you won’t be disappointed.

[Adult story embed hidden]

Can you describe to me the details of this story? I feel lost in it, and what you posted multiple times sounds like something I can get into but sure if I want to.:rainbowhuh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2