Writer's Journal 7 members · 18 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Redbook
Group Admin

A lot of people (me included) always worry about small things in their writing as they write. Which makes writing hard for them and causes them to lose the will to write more. So this tip is just a simple one to help get you going. Don't worry about any mistakes as you write. Work in drafts. The first draft is always going to be so bad. I mean it is the draft that you want no one to see or even know was written. It's going to be that bad. There will never be the perfect first draft of a story or chapter. So when you sit down and start hacking away at the keyboard, don't stop and think about making mistakes. Just write till you're done. After that, you can still back and fix any errors.
So remember just write. That is the best thing to do when you are starting out.

5171356 Writing is easy for me. I could just start typing and something would come out of it. Making the story perfect after writing it is the hard part for me. I edit all my stories over 50 times, but they're still lacking.

Redbook
Group Admin

5171756 This is meant as a tip for anyone. Sometimes a tip may not apply to a person and that is okay. I am just giving tips to those who may find them helpful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3